Syncing issues

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

Rattrocker

Syncing issues

Post by Rattrocker »

Hello all,

I'm a longtime user of MediaMonkey for windows and have been using the Android version for quite some time as well now. On and off I've been having troubles with syncing issues with the android version.

1) Tracks synced over wi-fi have low-res album art even though the pc versions have high resolution art both embedded in the files and stored in the album folders on my pc. I've made sure all tracks don't have any low-res art tagged to the tracks on the pc since Windows Media Player used to scan my library and retag everything with shitty compressed versions of pre-existing art. I don't really use wi-fi sync because of this issue.

2) Sync over USB is pretty reliable for me but has occasionally messed up badly in the past to the point tha tI've had to do a clean install of mediamonkey and delete all ym music and resync to my phone's sd card. Two major issues have come up.
2.1) Album art is typically tagged and kept as the original resolution as my computer but sometimes when I do a clean wipe from some other issue, it will sync all the music back fine except the artwork will be low-res. Sometimes I've had to resync multiple times before I get a good sync of my music. This is very time consuming as it takes somewhere between an hour or two of my phone and mediamonkey being idle to find out everything is low res artwork.
2.2) Sometimes when I sync new music or higher quality rips of songs it will remove the old file and add a new one but mediamonkey wont pick up the new one. Sometimes it will show it in list view and then when I go on to play it it doesn't play and other times it just won't show up at all.

3) Playlists nearly all of the time will update correctly but sometimes they will leave behind a duplicate older version of the playlist in the playlist folder on my phone. I have to manually delete this through windows explorer since using auto-sync wont remove them.

For all the above, my setup is the following:
-MediaMonkey pro for Android 4.1.2 (updated to whatever latest build is)
-MediaMonkey Gold Lifetime for Windows 8.1 (most current version as well)
-All stock and default music players on phone are off or disabled so they can't modify album art
-All files on computer have embedded artwork as well as jpg copies in the album folder
-On computer, files are setup as C:\Users\me\Music\Library\<Album Artist>\<Year> - <Album Name>
-On Android files are setup on 32gb SD card as SD card\Music with folders \Library and \Playlists within \Music. Files are kept in Library folder and only have embedded art, no artist/album folders so no saved jpg images
-I have the device set to auto embed artwork in the tag on sync
-I leave my phone idle in airplane mode syncing as data connection has interrupted syncs in the past

Sorry if this is a dupe but I've searched the forums and haven't found these issues yet.
Thanks in advance and let me know if there is anything I should change about my setup or if additional info is needed.