MMW confuses internal storage with external mSD card

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

iliketoast

MMW confuses internal storage with external mSD card

Post by iliketoast »

Using MMW 4.1.5, MMA 1.0.7, HTC One M8 w/ SanDisk 128GB External mSD card, USB Sync.

I typically start MMW before I plug in my phone. The settings are set to scan the device immediately but not sync. I also have it set to auto-unmount (although I'm not convinced this is actually happening) after sync. Both drives devices pop up in the tree in MMW when I plug in the phone, the internal storage and the SD card. 50% of the time, though, it seems to think the SD card is the internal storage and vice-versa. I'll click on the external SD card in the tree and it will show all the right settings etc, but the bar at the bottom will read the capacity and stats for the internal storage. I have tried to force the USB sync anyways, and sometimes it still knew to sync to the 128GB SD card, one time at least it started copying all the files which were meant to be sent to the external SD card to the internal storage.

What I have been doing now, after a lot of work to fix all that, is:

Start MMW, connect my Phone, wait for scan, select external SD in the tree menu, if it shows the internal storage data close MMW, disconnect phone, repeat until it works properly.

Is there any way to make sure it detects the right device every time? I'm hesitant to try and set up WI-FI sync because it might be more difficult to detect this issue. Also, on a side note, is there any way to manually unmount my phone and/or verify it's unmounted in MMW so that I'm not disconnecting it while it's still hot?
Lowlander

Re: MMW confuses internal storage with external mSD card

Post by Lowlander »

If it keeps changing you should capture it in a debug log (step 4b) and send the log to support: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=26&t=69

There is no unmounting for Android devices.