Songs with parentheses don't sync

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

alexey2284

Songs with parentheses don't sync

Post by alexey2284 »

I've got a MediaMonkey 4.1.5.1719 for my PC and MediaMonkey 1.0.7.0311 for my andoid phone. When I sync my phone with the PC, some songs, the titles of which have a parentheses, don't want to send own play count to the server.
Lowlander

Re: Songs with parentheses don't sync

Post by Lowlander »

Do they fail to sync to MMA or do they sync to MMA, but fail to sync the Play History back to MMW?
alexey2284

Post by alexey2284 »

Sorry for my bad English.
When the synchronization process is running on my phone, I just can't see the songs, the titles of which have a parentheses.
I have two songs on my phone which are called "Phobophobia" and "T.D.S. (Take It as You Will)". They both have some play counts, but on my PC this songs have zero play counts. After I finished syncing, on my PC "Phobophobia" received, for example, 9 plays, but "T.D.S. (Take It as You Will)" didn't receive any plays.
alexey2284

Post by alexey2284 »

Heeeelp, please.
brutal

Sync doesn't handle parentheses in filenames

Post by brutal »

I've seen mention of this in several threads that consistently go unanswered.

When is there going to be a fix or workaround posted?

MMW uses the tag to create the track name <Filename> and then won't handle sync with any trailing parentheses.

Extremely frustrating that sync thinks it needs to upload +1000 tracks and the device doesn't have enough space to sync back.

I'm regretting paying good money for the Gold edition.

<I am using the latest BETA's of MMW and MMA as of the date of this post.>
Last edited by Lowlander on Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing post
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Remapping should do: http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... o-organize

Otherwise capture a debug log (step 4b) for a USB sync (http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=26&t=69) or from About screen in MMA for a wifi sync. Open a ticket and attach log or log ID to the ticket.
brutal

Post by brutal »

I appear to be having a problem writing files to the microsd card in my phone. Now it will not even format in phone, PC, or camera. Tried all the tricks and tribulations. Seems I may have a defective sd card at this point. Something I don't expect purchasing top dollar name-brand cards. SanDisk in this case. All the new cards I have are now the high speed Samsung cards.

Bought a new 128GB card for my tablet today and will swap things around, putting the 64GB card from the tablet into the phone and re-installing and re-syncing everything from scratch. I'll lose the few playlists and the play counts, but it's not a big deal. Tablet is syncing now via USB.

I will post again if I have any further issues. Thanks for the response.
rusty

Post by rusty »

Please let us know. I just tested Wi-Fi sync of MMA Beta 1.1.0.402 vs MMW 4.1.6.1736 and tracks with trailing parentheses synced fine.

If you can replicate the problem, please generate a log right after the sync and post a link to the log ID here.

Thanks.

-Rusty