Protect now playing list from accidental removal [#16029]

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

Alfonse

Protect now playing list from accidental removal [#16029]

Post by Alfonse »

How do I keep the Now Playing list from being destroyed by mistake?

I often go through and build large, arbitrarily generated Now Playing lists of music I want to listen to for the next 8 hours or so. I'll pick albums and dump them into the list based on whatever I feel like listening to at the time. Sometimes I'll add specific tracks from specific albums or whatever, sometimes not. And that all works...

Unless I accidentally tap any track. At which point, all my hard work vanishes instantly. MMA apparently thinks that an errant touch means that I want my 150+ element Now Playing to be replaced by the current album I happen to be looking at.

Not add to the end, which would be annoying but acceptable. Not insert in the middle, which would be annoying but acceptable. Replace.

This was the default case on MMW, but I turned that "feature" off after the very first time I double-clicked on a track. But MMA doesn't let me do that. There's an option in MMA that supposedly prevents accidentally clearing Now Playing, but it doesn't help.

What can I do to prevent this? Is there an option I'm not seeing? Is there some way to make clicking a song not replace my entire Now Playing list? Is there at least a way to build a list without having it overwritten by accident?

I'm using MMA 1.1.3.0529.
Bambleweeny57

Re: Protect now playing list from accidental removal

Post by Bambleweeny57 »

Hi

Just in case your still looking (7 months later),...
In MM4,... I know, you said 1.3 but I don't know how long the following has been present in the app,...

you can just right click in the "Now Playing" window and select from the "List->Undo" drop down menu.
On that you will see a full list of every change to the playlist (with the newest at the top).
Whatever change you select will be removed and the window revert to the state it was before that change.

UI just did exactly what you said and lost an hours work, until I found this lifesaver.
The accidental double-tap playlist was at the top and when I selected it,
all that crap went away and I had my painstakingly build playlist back!

Hope this works for you on your version but at the very least, you can upgrade and never suffer the same fate again!

Cheers
commutator

Post by commutator »

I have the same issue on MMA 1.2.0.0624, which is the current one in Google Play. Since I'm using a phone I don't know how to right click on the Now Playing list. Typically that's a long press but on the Now Playing list that selects the current track's checkbox at the right. I don't think a single press should place every track you're looking at into the Now Playing list anyway. IMHO I'd never use that intentionally although I recognize others have use cases that I do not.

Still, is it possible to get an option to suppress this behaviour? I'd love a single press to add the track to the end of Now Playing but would settle for just about anything other than copying everything to Now Playing.

I have the "Play Now preserves list" checkbox enabled in Options and I'd hoped that would help but it has not changed this behaviour. I'm using a Nexus 5 with generic v6.0.1.

Thanks,
Fred
oddbus

Post by oddbus »

Is there any update on this?
I can't imagine this behaviour is intentional but I can't find any setting that helps and it's driving me nuts!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Under Options, 'Play Now' preserves list doesn't do this?
oddbus

Post by oddbus »

Thanks for the super-quick reply. That option was the first thing I tried but it doesn't work - Clicking on a track still replaces the entire now playing list with the album containing the clicked track.
rusty

Post by rusty »

cokehearth

Re: Protect now playing list from accidental removal [#16029]

Post by cokehearth »

If possible, I'd just like to add my request for this feature. It happens quite often that I accidentally clear my current queue by tapping on a song, and it can be really annoying.

I have the 'Play Now Preserves List' setting checked, but this ONLY works when I long-tap a song and click the "Play Now" button/icon.

An option to select a default action (e.g. tapping a song queues it) would be immensely useful for me if possible.

Thanks.
Primarily using: MM4 (latest update) Gold on Windows 11 (32GB RAM);
Samsung A54G 128GB/1TB MicroSD.

Library: 1875GB (254680+) files, on a Network Drive (Windows)