BlackBerry 10 Sync larger number of tracks - WiFi

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

kmenzel

BlackBerry 10 Sync larger number of tracks - WiFi

Post by kmenzel »

I'm in the process of syncing roughly ... oh ... 15,000 tracks over WiFi (I can't do it over USB, I'm using a BlackBerry and USB sync doesn't work on a BlackBerry due to the unique nature of how BlackBerry connects over USB) - anyway, it seems as though WiFi sync will sync a maximum of around 1,500 tracks at a time? Is there a way to change this? I'd love to just leave it syncing overnight and get it all done in one go (barring the occasional issue).

Is this configurable somewhere? It's perhaps not a bad default but I'd love to bump it up if at all possible?

(I mean, I'm probably going to finish syncing everything in a few days, but I'm currently playing around with how low a bit rate I'm willing to suffer when mobile, so I'm liable to do this at least a few more times)
Lowlander

Re: Sync larger number of tracks - WiFi ?

Post by Lowlander »

I don't think there is a limit, maybe wifi signal is dropping occasionally?
kmenzel

Post by kmenzel »

I considered that, but then the progress should indicate that it is at least attempting to sync all of the tracks?

Like, at the moment I have 6000+ songs left to sync.

I press "Sync Now"

- MMA updates metadata to server
- MMA analyzes the sync list
- "Preparing download..."
- and then "Downloading (1/1390)"

Is it possible that MMA is timing out when analyzing the sync list? I know that BlackBerry's android emulation is.... slow. And it's a BIG sync list.

(If the WiFi signal was dropping I'd imagine that it would say "Downloading (1/6000)", no?)

I'd love to blame my WiFi connection, but it seems pretty solid (this time I tried pinging continuously to see if it dropped a ping, and it didn't, and my WiFI logs aren't showing a disconnection)? Same results when not pinging.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Then either it's miscalculating what needs to be synced, it has more synced already then shows in the App or you're mistaken on the 6000 number (and the number shown is correct).

Make sure you're on the latest releases of both MMW and MMA and if so you can always send a debug log from MMA (from About screen) right after the problem occurs (sync finishes/fails).
kmenzel

Post by kmenzel »

Will do, but I know it's not syncing more than it shows in the app (because the files aren't on the phone), and I know I'm right about how much needs to be sync'd :) I'll generate logs as soon as this batch is done, might be a few hours.
kmenzel

Post by kmenzel »

Sent in a few logs. KQFC3SUUBV was when only a subset of tracks was syncing

Sync just started again, you can ignore:
I now have a further issue, X9D58KZLKQ -> Sync not starting.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Based on description it looks like MMW is still preparing/accessing tracks.

Can you please along with MMA logs create MMW logs as described here http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=69 and open support ticket attaching the resulting log. That way we will see what exactly MMA sent to MMW in order to sync and what MMW accessed and where it stalled.

What MMW and MMA versions you used to test this?

I could not replicate and MMA synched 8735 tracks, 54 playlists over bots WiFi and USB (tested just in case) without problems.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
kmenzel

Post by kmenzel »

I'm using the latest versions (and for now everthing is sync'd and so I don't want to mess around with this TOO much) BUT I had a thought...

Does syncing detect how much free space is available and only sync that amount of tracks? Because I think... based on the.. "unique" way that BlackBerry 10 provides access to the SD card, that MIGHT be the issue? From what I can tell, BB10 might be... miscalculating how much free space is available, and not allowing Android software to really "see" the SD card as distinct. It would kind of explain why after I deleted a few things on my phone, the number of tracks syncing bumped up to ~1600 a transfer instead of ~1300... at which point there would be nothing you could do about that at all.
Peke

Post by Peke »

My Offer stands. Thank you for update.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts