MM Gold license for Android?

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

djkroon

MM Gold license for Android?

Post by djkroon »

Perhaps this is a silly question. I understand that development for Windows applications and other platforms (aka Android) require different skillsets and their own time to develop, but I currently own a Gold Lifetime license for MediaMonkey on Windows. I wondered if there's any chance this would also grant me the Pro version of the Android application. Google recently made changes to their Play Music app and while I love MM on Windows I have yet to try it on Android. I will be installing the Free version first to check it out. I've seen some mixed reviews but hope it outshines GPM. Thanks! -Dan
Lowlander

Re: MM Gold license for Android?

Post by Lowlander »

It is sold as a separate product, thus it requires purchasing in the Play store.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Unfortunately no, they are completely different apps.

I do not see why not trying Free version especially if you do not want to use WiFi sync at start.

If you are installing free version, a constructive critics are always welcome.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
lbfenters

Post by lbfenters »

This thread was started a while back. Is this still the case? I think that this is terrible marketing if it still exists. I've NEVER had to purchase separate computer and android apps before. A European thing maybe?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Yes, they're still sold as separate products. This way MMW users don't have to subsidize MMA if they don't use it.
ChairPotato

Post by ChairPotato »

Lowlander wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:06 am Yes, they're still sold as separate products. This way MMW users don't have to subsidize MMA if they don't use it.
MMA came out after MMW so I guess we did pay for it (not just subsidize it). "If they don't use it" is doubtful, unless they have an iPhone or whatever.
I have a lifetime license and am happy to think it helped develop MMA, I had waited a long time for it and always felt that putting the money towards and android app would be a great way to improve the value of MM so I think of it as a burn to have to pay again. There are many examples of Windows software working on Android devices with no extra fees, or a Windows/Mac/Linux inclusive license.

I'm not a salesman but I think the decision is more that Ventis though it would be easier to sell a cheaper license just for MMA in the play store than if they tried for a full priced MMA and MMW license because I think people considering paying for an app in the play store aren't usually concerned about porting to windows. They'd rather only pay a few bucks for that app.

Without affecting the price in the play store for an MMA only license, my question is, why couldn't Ventis also offer a better deal for a MMA extension to a MMW license?
goslowjm

Post by goslowjm »

Hello All,

If android and windows are treated as different products, will they be able to sync/work together? I would like to house everything on the windows application and sync, change or update songs from windows to the android app for two different phones. I.E. mine and my wifes'.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Yes, they're designed to work together, but are sold as separate products.

See: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index. ... oid_device
goslowjm

Post by goslowjm »

Great! Thank you.
daghefte@gmail.com

Post by daghefte@gmail.com »

I'm a satisfied lifelasting Gold-licenced MediaMonkey user, and have been for quite som years now.

On the other hand I'm NOT satisfied with MMs answer and attitude towards this issue about MM-users and Android.

I bought a Life lasting Gold license for beeing able to use the MediaMonkey as my chosen prefered mediaplayer - unregardless of changing plattforms whitch could occure during my lifetime. Should I've been forced to repay every time OS-developers as Microsoft decides to change their Operatingsystems - then it wouldn't have been much of a lifetime guarantee for the MediaMonkey mediaplayerservice I've paid for?!

MediaMonkey - this is very dissapointing decition of yours - Please, Re-think an Re-Decide and let us who have paid for lifelasting use of your mediaplayer - be able to use it regardless of the underlaying operatingsystems. After many years of satisfied use it would be a shame to be forced to use a othe mediaplayer.
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

I am a lifetime owner of MM and that is for windows. I know that and knew that when I purchased back in 11. I see nothing wrong with the model they are using. MMA is a completely different beast from MM and so there should be a separate charge for MMA from MM. By the way you can 'use' mma without buying it which is pretty nice for those who don't want to pay. Just miss some features
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig