Display do not update over Bluetooth [#13961]

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

Rudhan

Re: Display do not update over Bluetooth [#13961]

Post by Rudhan »

Yes, the controls on the steering wheel works at all times, has never failed.

This morning to work the display decided to work again, just like that. It seems random...
rivorson

Post by rivorson »

Log FA4KCPYICD:

The display stuck on the second track when I skipped to the next track. Each time a new track played the car's track time disappeared for a second as though it was receiving notification of a change in track, but the artist and track name stayed on the second track and when the track time reappeared it was stuck at 0:00.
As soon as I opened MMA the display updated to show the correct track so I didn't get to do any further testing on it.

I also had another occurrence a few days ago. On that occasion I paused the track using my car's controls and the display updated. I couldn't get a debug log that time though because it was mid-drive.

On both occasions I had 'always respond to remote buttons' disabled. I have now enabled that option to see if it helps.
Rudhan

Post by Rudhan »

Just wanted you to know that since I last wrote here have I been driving 10-15 times and the display has worked every time. Which is good. Weird but good.

/Tomas
Peke

Post by Peke »

Yesterday I was able to test MMA in friends Mazda 6 2013 and all was working fine with both Moto G and Nexus 7.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
rusty

Post by rusty »

Hi Rivorson,

Did enabling 'always respond to remote buttons' result in a permanent fix?

-Rusty

btw, I assume you're using 1.3.0.667?
rivorson

Post by rivorson »

Hi Rusty

The issue still occurred with 'Always respond to remote buttons' enabled.

I'm currently on build 677 but haven't done much driving in the last few weeks so haven't been able to report. I have a long drive tomorrow though so I should be able to see if it's still happening.
rivorson

Post by rivorson »

I played about 40 tracks in the car using build 677 today and the issue occurred five times. I managed to capture debug logs shortly after two occurrences.

477D29WTUQ: 'King of the Stereo' continued to be displayed in the car when MMA had moved on to the next track.
A8WGX4MZPW: 'Scarlet' continued to be displayed while MMA was playing the next track.

The display only fails to update for the duration of one track. Changing track again or even just pausing the track is enough to get the display to update again. That's an improvement compared to previous builds which seemed to stop updating the display for several tracks in a row.

I forgot to enable 'Always respond to remote buttons' for the purpose of collecting these logs but I have seen the issue occur with that option enabled.
rusty

Post by rusty »

Hi rivorson, rudhan,

We've just posted build 682 as a beta and it includes a possible fix to this issue. I say 'possible' because we're not able to replicate nor test this fix, so I'd appreciate your feedback re. whether the fix works.

Thanks!

-Rusty
rivorson

Post by rivorson »

I've given this a quick test with build 682 by skipping through nearly 200 tracks in the car and the results look good. All tracks displayed the correct metadata.

There was just one track change in which the details of the new track took a few seconds to display and no track progress was shown. I think in the previous build that event would have led to the previous track details being left on the display but the new build managed to assert the correct details.

Thanks Rusty. I appreciate the fix for this.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Thx for update, patience and testing.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
MPG

Post by MPG »

Hi,
I've been encountering this since the latest MMA update as well. I am running 1.3.0.0685. I want to stress that this issue did not occur until this I installed this release.

My phone is a Samsung S7 running Nougat and MMA Pro.
I have encountered this on my PC and my Truck.
My truck stereo is a JVC KW . (Sorry I'm away from my truck so I don't know the exact model). It's approximately 5 years old.
On my PC, I am running BlueSoleil HCI Version 4.0 which was manufactured by Cambridge Silicon Radio.

From my limited testing this is what I can ascertain. When I make the first connection. Everything is fine. If I disconnect for a relatively time (longer than ~5 min, less than ~30), the update stops happening.

The only resolution I have found is to perform a force stop of MMA and then clicking play.

Hope someone can help me.
MPG
TIA
MPG
Triumph - Hold On: Music holds the secret, to know it can make you whole.
trinalin

Post by trinalin »

MPG wrote:I've been encountering this since the latest MMA update as well. I am running 1.3.0.0685. I want to stress that this issue did not occur until this I installed this release.
The same thing happened to me twice today and I've got the same version of MMA and the same phone (S7). The only way to get the screen to update is to force stop MMA. (I remember this from the old beta version of MMA - it's been nice that the bug had been gone for ages. Sad to see it return today.)
trinalin
martin.bohac

Post by martin.bohac »

Hi,
Do you have 'always respond to remote buttons' enabled?
Can you please test it with this option. Thanks.
Martin
MPG

Post by MPG »

I did not have it checked.

I will test throughout the day and tomorrow and let you know the results.

MPG
TIA
MPG
MPG

Post by MPG »

checking this option seems to have resolved the issue and didn't create any others.

Thanks!
TIA
MPG