MMA randomly pauses playback (triggered by other apps)

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

snitrote

Re: MMA randomly pauses playback [#14171]

Post by snitrote »

martin.bohac wrote:In all your logs AUDIOFOCUS_LOSS happened.
This event occurs when some other app need audio output(e.g other music player) or on receiving call.
Sometimes ago one user had this issue with "NewsOn" installed, other with some CyanogenMod beta version.
1)Do you have installed some other media player?
2)Does bug occur when you play music in other player?
3)Any idea what app can cause it?
Recently installed a beta version of VLC and the same thing started happening to me. I don't recall playing music on it when MMA was active but it still had some pauses. I uninstalled it right away and the pauses stopped. So does that mean I can't install VLC or find a new player that is compatible?
Skely

Re: MMA randomly pauses playback (triggered by other apps)

Post by Skely »

I'm having the same issue with playback randomly pausing. Not an problem with Google Play Music or doubleTwist, so even if this issue is being caused by a different app (I do have VLC installed as well) it seems to be MMA's implementation that is allowing the random pausing to happen. Wanted to use, and paid for, MMA to utilize volume leveling features and am now faced with having to shell out more money for doubleTwist as it doesn't look like Media Monkey is going to look further into this issue.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Send a debug log (from About) right after you experience this and open a Support Ticket and supply the logID.
rekkard

Post by rekkard »

I have the same issue, noticed it during casting.
I didnt have mmremote, but vlc installed. Wiped vlc right off, lets see if it makes any difference.

Cheers, ty for the info