Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

DTW

Multiple compser info not displayed

Post by DTW »

Using MM on Samsung Tablet v1.3.1.0746.
Playing from a NAS.
Using FLAC lossless.
Wondering why the player does not display all the composers that are listed in a track metadata.
Whether playing the music from the NAS or putting the same tracks directly onto the SD card of the tablet same issue.
If I use a PC and use a player like jRiver or Foobar2000 the all composer info displays.
Basically the Metadata looks like ( could provide the full info if needed but can't see how to attach it as a file ).
Using MM on Samsung Tablet v1.3.1.0746.
Playing from a NAS.
Using FLAC lossless.
Wondering why the player does not display all the composers that are listed in a track metadata.
Whether playing the music from the NAS or putting the same tracks directly onto the SD card of the tablet same issue.
If I use a PC and use a player like jRiver or Foobar2000 the all composer info displays.
Basically the Metadata looks like ( could provide the full info if needed but can't see how to attach it as a file ).
eg
TRACK LED ZEPPELIN - ROCK AND ROLL
ALBUM LED ZEPPELIN IV
ALBUM ARTIST LED ZEPPELIN
ALBUMARTIST LED ZEPPELIN
ARTIST LED ZEPPELIN
COMPOSER JIMMY PAGE
COMPOSER ROBERT PLANT
COMPOSER JOHN PAUL JONES
COMPOSER JOHN BONHAM

Am I set up wrong or is this just how MM works?
Thanks
DTW

Re: Multiple compser info not displayed

Post by DTW »

Further to the above; If I use mp3tag and do a merge command of the composer info and specify the separator as a ";"
the multiple composers display in the song info as expected.
Same thing with another music player.
Tested a few albums...So I am wondering if it is a good step to convert all my tracks or is this merge process just making 1 big name of all the composers separated by a ";" ?
Is this a reasonable bypass circumvention to get around the fact that the player wont display the multiple composer tagging?