Tracks and track information disappears

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

Hebephrene

Tracks and track information disappears

Post by Hebephrene »

I have recently gotten a Samsung S7 and am trying to get my Windows 10 Media Monkey to work with it. If we can get the answers to all of these it would a complete tutorial for most of the Android issues.
At the risk of TMI, I rip CD's using Exact Audio Copy. Then I add them to Media Monkey. On occasion I will find despite a complete list of tracks, artist etc from the remote metadata source, when I open the track in Media Monkey information will be missing. I complete what is missing and update.

Now I recently added an San Disk SD Card and am having trouble finding tracks. I transferred them to my android phone use "Send To" and directing the transfer to the SD card, not the phone.

These are the problems I am encountering
1) Music files don't appear on Android phone
2) Files that did not have the complete information in Media Monkey Windows 10, are missing the same information in Media Monkey Android.
3) Transferred music files are dumped in Unknown Artist

Thanks,
Lowlander

Re: Tracks and track information disappears

Post by Lowlander »

Which version of MMA and MMW are you using? Does MMW have rights to modify the files and is set to do so? Do you transfer to the SD card in your PC or in your phone?
Hebephrene

Post by Hebephrene »

Media Monkey Windows I am using 4.1.16.1836 MMA version 1.3.1.0751. I have not done anything about giving MM windows permission to alter the music files. I have learned that I need to transfer to the phone not the card. Thank you Lowlander
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You're using an old version of MMW. When doing MMW <> MMA sync you should keep both updated as there are regular fixes for sync, requiring both to be up-to-date.
Hebephrene

Post by Hebephrene »

Lowlander, I can't find a newer version. I go to check for update under tools and nothing happens. Nor do I find a newer version in the wiki. What am I missing? And do I need to also update the MMA? Thanks
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Download page always has the latest or see here: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =8811&sd=d

MMA should auto-update unless you disabled that in the Play store.
Hebephrene

Post by Hebephrene »

Lowlander
Thank you. That solved part of the problem. Now when I complete the properties in MMW and send those files to my phone where I am using MMA, the information is retained on the phone. The problem I am still having, however, is that when I rip a CD I own using Exact Audio Copy I get all the track and CD information from a remote metadata source and it posts to the CD and is saved into my music files, which I then rescan into MMW. However when I open those files only the song titles remain. All the other information, year, artist, genre, track number are gone? Best, hebephrene. Now I have not tried ripping the audio using the Windows Media player because since finding MM, I try and avoid it.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It works here when ripping to FLAC using EAC. What format are you ripping to?
Hebephrene

Post by Hebephrene »

It's set on WAV. Thanks
Peke

Post by Peke »

Set it to FLAC and you should not have such issues.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Yeah, WAV has really poor tagging support as a file format. Other lossless formats like FLAC will give you a better experience.
Hebephrene

Post by Hebephrene »

Got it but now having trouble ripping to FLAC. I followed these instructions to use the EAC FLAC decoder:
Open EAC and insert a CD into the drive.
Click the EAC menu and select Compression Options.
Click the External Compression Tab, and put a tick in the box for use external program for compression.
Change Parameter Passing Scheme to User Defined Encoder.
Change Use file extension to .flac if not already that.
Click the Browse button and locate the FLAC.exe that you unzipped earlier.
Remove the ticks from Use CRC check and Add ID3 tag.
Tick Check for external programs return code.
If you are using EAC 1.0b2 or newer, then in the Additional command line options box, copy and paste the following string:
-T "artist=%artist%" -T "title=%title%" -T "album=%albumtitle%" -T "date=%year%" -T "tracknumber=%tracknr%" -T "genre=%genre%" -5 %source%
But when I rip I am still ending up with a WAV file with the same data loss. Are there better instructions for FLAC ripping so that when it is rescanned it is properly formatted? Thanks
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You need to choose compressed rip to get FLAC.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I'm not using EAC especially as MMW also have Secure RIP to confirm full Bit perfect.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts