Android 4.4 (Kit Kat) playlist not fully syncing

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

doney6012

Android 4.4 (Kit Kat) playlist not fully syncing

Post by doney6012 »

Hi,

In the past, I had been using some of my previous phones that were having issues (which is why I was no longer using them as daily phones) to test out MMA being synced with MMW. I decided to just buy a cheap Telstra phone to simply use as my music player which was only pre-loaded with Android 4.4. I haven't used 4.4 since 2015 prior to this basic phone. While everything seems to be running fine I have noticed a few standout issues that I hadn't come across on devices running 5.0 or newer. Firstly, the device and SD card take a long time to scan when first connected to MMW (roughly 8-10 minutes before I can start syncing). The other (and more significant) is that any large playlists I have (1300+ songs) don't seem to fully sync. One has 2100 songs and only about 1300 of this amount seems to appear in the playlist, though when I browse the phone using a File Manager they have all been synced across. I have tried removing all MMA files and deleting all app data through the App Manager and allowing MMA to re-sort all files and the playlists still seem to stall at the 1300 odd mark. Is this a limitation with Kit Kat? Or should I be looking at other issues that could be at hand?

Thanks again
Deano
Lowlander

Re: Android 4.4 (Kit Kat) playlist not fully syncing

Post by Lowlander »

Which version of MMA and MMW?

Does sync seem to complete successfully?
doney6012

Re: Android 4.4 (Kit Kat) playlist not fully syncing

Post by doney6012 »

MMW is 4.1.20.8164 and MMA is 1.3.1.0751 (pro version)

After scanning the device is completed and I start the syncing, it goes through the usual process of compiling the list of files to sync then removing old files, then syncing new files or tags. After that it then syncs all playlists, though with this particular phone this portion takes a lot longer than it had with my previous "test" devices. It may take about 1 minute or two for each playlist to sync. Then afterward the activity bar across the bottom will disappear and if there have been any files that can't sync (eg .wma files or files that can't be found etc) it'll bring up a dialogue to inform me. Otherwise there is no other information present.

Thanks