Honor 9 update breaks MMA

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

Tippon

Honor 9 update breaks MMA

Post by Tippon »

I've got MMA version 1.3.1.0751 on my Honor 9, and everything's been great for ages. The phone recently updated to Android 8 and EMUI 8. Since then, MMA stops playback when the screen is locked. I've detailed what seems to happen below.

I unlock the phone and open MMA. I start playback in various ways, either from a playlist, or from an album usually. I either manually lock the screen, or let it lock after a certain time.
If the phone is not plugged in, the current song finishes as usual and playback stops. If I then unlock the phone, the current song restarts and everything is fine until the screen locks again.
If the phone is plugged in, playback continues as normal, which is usually shuffling through a playlist. If I unplug the phone, the current song finishes as usual and playback stops.

I haven't tried forcing the screen to stay on, as that's no good to me and is completely counterintuitive. I'll post the debug log in the next day or two, as I've only just found out how to do it, and it's too late at night to play music here.

This is probably an issue with EMUI or Android 8 as I did get an update for MMA when this happened. EMUI is Huawei's Android skin, so this issue may crop up on more phones as they are updated.

Tippon
Tippon

Re: Honor 9 update breaks MMA

Post by Tippon »

I'm officially an idiot! :oops:

I found a new option in the settings menu of the phone which lets MMA run in the background. I've just given it a quick check and it seems to work ok :oops:

For anyone else with this problem, go to the phone settings - Apps and Notifications - Apps - MediaMonkey - Battery - Launch. Turn off Manage Automatically, and make sure that Run In Background is enabled.