Files on SD are not added to library.

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

BryanX9X

Re: Files on SD are not added to library.

Post by BryanX9X »

That makes sense, but no known date of release for such an update.

Which means that i am SOL till that point in time. =(

& i'm guessing that no one has found a way to sort out the media scanner that is in android? I'll search on my own, but i just thought i would ask in case. =)
BryanX9X

Post by BryanX9X »

Have there been any changes/updates on this bug?

It's been almost a year now & I have not heard anything about this bug getting fixed.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You're waiting on MMA 2. For now you'll need to use MMW to sync to the device to resolve this.

Have you maybe tried a device reset? There obviously is something wrong with the device itself that is the source of this problem (MMA 2 resolves this for you by not relying on the device for scanning files) as the device should pick up the files in the first place.
BryanX9X

Post by BryanX9X »

Is there an expected release date for mma 2.0? I have not heard anything.

As a matter of fact I have not only tried a device reset, but I have tried it on 3 identical devices with 3 different SD cards.

So I've given this every chance I can think of to work & no joy.

If you can think of something else for me to try I'd be happy to. But thus far there has been no fix to this bug. & with all that I have tried on the multiple devices, I'm finding it hard to believe that this is a device issue unless the whole line of these devices are all broken.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I'm not aware of others reporting this exact issue and the problem lies somewhere in the device (settings?) that is not allowing the Android Media Scanner to pick up the files in the first place. This is required for MediaMonkey to work. The fact that you have 3 of the same device experiencing this can mean the device has this issue as they're the same device.

There is no release date for MMA 2.0.
BryanX9X

Post by BryanX9X »

& if there was a way to fix the "setting" on the device, I'd be happy to try, but I don't think there's anything on the device that could be changed.

I've been waiting for mma 2.0 for over 4 years now. It's really getting frustrating.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I'd contact the device manufacturer as this would seem to be a standard feature on all devices, but yours.
BryanX9X

Post by BryanX9X »

I'll give that a try & see if they've got a fix for the AMS. But in reality it'd be better if mma had it's own & didn't have to rely on the device.
martin.bohac

Post by martin.bohac »

Hi, please follow steps below with the latest beta build 1.3.4.849.

1)Go to MMA file browser
2)Go to the folder which is included in the library
3)Play some track
4)Send me debug log

Thanks
BryanX9X

Post by BryanX9X »

Sorry martin, i just got your message. Installing the latest build now (build 858)

"1)Go to MMA file browser
2)Go to the folder which is included in the library
3)Play some track
4)Send me debug log"

Now when you say go to the folder that's included in the library, are you asking me to go to my music folder on my sd card & play a music file from there?

Update:

Log ID R7S9P2ZTK6

I used the "folders" file browser to navigate to my "Music" folder on my SD card, which is the only folder listed in my "Library folders" in MMA. I then selected a file & played it, & then sent the logs as you requested.
martin.bohac

Post by martin.bohac »

Unfortunately, the Android Media Scanner still does not work.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
These issues should be resolved with MMA 2.0 and introducing our own scanner where MMA is not dependable on Google Media Scanner.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
BryanX9X

Post by BryanX9X »

Peke wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:32 pm Hi,
These issues should be resolved with MMA 2.0 and introducing our own scanner where MMA is not dependable on Google Media Scanner.
I'm aware of that, but the main question is WHEN. It's been over 5 years now, since this problem was reported & there is still no fix. It's been slated for version 2 for years now, but when is version 2 going to be released? Is there a scheduled release date? Or is it still TBD?

If it's already been over 5 years, will i have to wait another 5 to see a fix?

I totally understand priorities, & that this issues has been pushed down the list so that new features can be implemented to keep up with the market. But if this fix is expected to go out with version 2, i have to be honest, it does not seem like version 2 is coming out any time soon with the lack of forward movement on this issue.

& i apologize if this comes off as harsh, rude, or inconsiderate. It's not meant that way, it's just frustration over having had to wait SO long.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
As I already stated number of times MMA 2.0 can be released only after MM5 gets stable release. MMA 2.0 advanced features can't be tested with MM4.x and earlier.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
BryanX9X

Post by BryanX9X »

Actually you have never said this to me, so i think that you are mistaking this conversation with a different one. & i'm guessing that you meant MMW 5.

So this fix is waiting for MMA 2, MMA 2 is waiting for MMW 5, so what's the release date for MMW 5? Or is that still TBD?

As i said, it's been over 5 years now with no forward progress. & now you have just added a new level of wait to things. So how much longer are we really talking?