Google Assistant and Playlists

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

sacocats

Google Assistant and Playlists

Post by sacocats »

Hi, I use 1.3.3.0842 for MMA on a brand new Samsung Galaxy S9, 4.1.23 on desktop.

When I ask Google Assistant to play a named playlist on MediaMonkey, it will just create a playlist seemingly based on the name (usually artist). I'd like it to actually play the playlist that I have already established. I haven't been able to do this via voice. It either doesn't understand the request or puts together the aforementioned playlist.

Google Music actually does what I want it to do, using the playlists and music library I have (made in MMW) on my phone's SD card via MMA wifi sync. It seems like MMA does or did this. Any tips? Should I uses different voice command provider?
sacocats

Re: Google Assistant and Playlists

Post by sacocats »

I was hoping wiping the slate clean with MMA and my SD card would help this but it has not. I can say "Hey Google, play my [insert name here] playlist" and it will do it fine in Google Play Music. If I ask "Hey Google, play the [insert name here] playlist on MediaMonkey", it won't play the already created playlist, but it will make one based on the name - whether it's artist, year or something like that. It's definitely not the complete playlist.