Certain artists not transferring properly

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

Moonsorrow

Certain artists not transferring properly

Post by Moonsorrow »

Hi, sorry if there are topics already having discussed this but I couldn't really find anything in a search.

I've been transferring a load of albums onto my phone but some of them have been showing up as 'unknown artist'. Since it's not possible to fully edit it them in the way of track numbers and stuff I've been trying to figure out on my PC what's causing them to not show up properly.

I use Foobar and from what I can tell every artist has ID3v2 (some have ID3v1), when I go to the file source everything is filled in properly there too in regards to track number, artist etc so I'm not sure why they transfer across as unknown artist.

I'm not very technical when it comes to this sort of thing, but just wondering if there is a solution to this or any ideas as to why they don't transfer properly.

Regards.
Lowlander

Re: Certain artists not transferring properly

Post by Lowlander »

Is it Artist or Album Artist that is unknown?
Moonsorrow

Post by Moonsorrow »

Lowlander wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:22 pm Is it Artist or Album Artist that is unknown?
Both. The only fields filled out are the title and album name. Title has the same format as I have the files written on my harddrive. The album section has "year - album name" format.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It may not have been saved to the tags, or Android Media Scanner is unable to pick it up.

Syncing with MediaMonkey to the device would avoid this.
Moonsorrow

Post by Moonsorrow »

Lowlander wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:42 pm It may not have been saved to the tags, or Android Media Scanner is unable to pick it up.

Syncing with MediaMonkey to the device would avoid this.
That did work! Thanks very much!