Same thumbnail image for most songs

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

SeriousTube

Same thumbnail image for most songs

Post by SeriousTube »

I copied my mp3 collection from my pc to my sdcard and installed MediaMonkey on my phone. Almost all the images in any of the views I use (by Artist, Album or Track) show as the same thumbnail image - namely the image for Cristina's "Doll in the Box".

I don't know where it is even getting the image from. I uninstalled MediaMonkey then used a file explorer app called Xplore to delete that album from my sdcard, and also completely remove the MediaMonkey program tree. I also deleted all files (of which I had many, whatever they are) of the form AlbumArt???.jpg. Then I reinstalled MediaMonkey and it had the same problem. I made a screenshot illustrating that but these forums apparently don't allow me to show it.

Any idea how to fix this?
Lowlander

Re: Same thumbnail image for most songs

Post by Lowlander »

Do you have a separate folder per Album on the SD card?

Note that the best experience comes from a sync from MMW to your device (SD card in it): https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index. ... oid_device
SeriousTube

Post by SeriousTube »

Lowlander wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:02 pm Do you have a separate folder per Album on the SD card?

No I just have one big music folder of 3600 files. They are mostly .mp3s with a handful of other audio / video types such as .m4a and .wav. There are no image types in the directory, that is to say, ,no .jpg, .png or .gif files.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Do the files have embedded Artwork?

Artwork requires proper tagging of Album and Album Artist and if external Artwork is available proper organization of files into Album folders. If MMW shows the correct Artwork you may want to sync from MMW directly to the device (SD card in it) as that way MMW updates MMA directly with the correct information.
SeriousTube wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:41 amI also deleted all files (of which I had many, whatever they are) of the form AlbumArt???.jpg.
Seems to state that there were Artwork files. That combined with your file organization would likely lead to poor results with Artwork.
SeriousTube

Post by SeriousTube »

Lowlander wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:05 pm Do the files have embedded Artwork?

I don't know what ArtWork is. I'd say 1/2 to 2/3 of the mp3s were originally from cds I owned ripped with the windows pc program cdex.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

The thumbnails you're having trouble with.