Issues with MMA library

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

Teeceezy

Issues with MMA library

Post by Teeceezy »

Hi there,

Posting there as I have been having issues for months with syncing my library to my Android in car system, as it takes a very long time to scan, and match sync info, which is a big hit to the car battery. A recent issue for the last few months is that the library kept having issues, so I started from scratch, synced via USB onto my storage device via PC, but now on scanning for new files, the car library constantly resets the progress in MMA. Multiple times I have had the car scanning for 2, 3 or even 4+ hours to get all 7000+ songs, only to see it wipe all the tracks and start scanning again. I have the latest version of MMA. Is there anything I can do here, as I have been using MM for the last 3 or 4 years but am nearing the end of my tether trying to get my library synced into my car. Most recent log ID is BHRESBP27A, and I have a photo of car system info if that is any use as well. Thanks.
Peke

Re: Issues with MMA library

Post by Peke »

Hi,
What Model of Android Car Stereo you have (I do not have issues with my Dasaita Headaunit and Malysk ROM), What storage stores your files, I have found out that Using External USB things gets ugly and slow due the device design and often unmounting of drive and occasional New ID assignment?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Teeceezy

Post by Teeceezy »

Unfortunately I am using external USB, as my synced library is about 80GB.Tried attaching pic but I can't post. It is a Tesla style head unit for a 2004 Nissan Teana. Can pm specs if needed.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I have no issues using U3 128GB SDcard on my headunit and USB 3.0 Stick with SDCard Reader transfers files aprox 40-50MB/s.

Main problem is that Using USB port Drive gets different IDs almost every time and gets flagged as external removable storage, so Google Media Scanner ignores it.

My tests of MMA2.0 shows improvements in the area, mainly as we are distancing ourself from Google Media Scanner dependencies.

If you wish you can send here or in PM URL to your Device or specs (URL Preferred) I would like to compare, also screenshots from about device where it shows MCU and Hardware info would be great.

As for attaching pics you have link in my signature how to do that.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts