MMA locks when SD installed in device

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

evening star

MMA locks when SD installed in device

Post by evening star »

I am using a Galaxy Tab S4, running Android 9. When there is no SD card in the device, Mediamonkey will run but when I install the SD card, restart the device and MMA, the app locks up and will not run again until I remove the card and restart the MMA app. I have reinstalled the app numerous times using both the free version and the Pro version for which I have paid. I have also tried several different capacity SD cards and the result is always the same - IT DOESN'T WORK. I also have a Moto g7 + running the same version of Android and MMA Pro, which connects without any problems via USB or Wireless to my PC which is running Windows 10 and Mediamonkey gold. Just as it should.
I have run out of ideas as to what to try next. Any ideas?
Lowlander

Re: MMA locks when SD installed in device

Post by Lowlander »

Does the card have content on it?
evening star

Post by evening star »

I have tried a freshly formatted disk (formatted in the android device) plus a disk with data on it. Both disks will freeze MMA when put into the phone. I can sync the disk if I plug it into the PC but again the tablet freezes when the card is returned. The PC reports that the sync has no errors.
If I remove MMA from the tablet and replace it with an alternative player, all is well but of course there is no WiFi syncing, which was the main reason for purchasing the Pro version. As a matter of interest, my wife has an identical tablet to mine, I have tried installing MMA on this tablet and all goes well until the SD card is introduced (after the installation of MMA) and the tablet then freezes. It also freezes if the card is already in the tablet when I install MMA. There seems to be a major problem in the relationship between Samsung Galaxy Tab s4, MMA and SD cards. When MMA is removed from the tablets, the SD card works fine and as I said earlier, music plays fine off the SD card through an alternative player.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
How you formatted SDcard as Internal or external Storage and do you have SDCard encrypted?

Also it could be usefull if in MMA APP info you allowed permission to access/Read/Edit content on External storage?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts