New MAD Input Plug-in with Gapless Support

Discussion about anything that might be of interest to MediaMonkey users.

Moderator: Gurus

Giarc

New MAD Input Plug-in with Gapless Support

Post by Giarc »

Hi - This thread is to let everyone know that I have added gapless playback support to the MAD input plug-in. This new version removes the unwanted silence at the beginning and end of MP3 files.

The current recommended solution for gapless playback is to use the DirectSound output plug-in, and to check the "Remove silence at the beginning / end of track" option. However, this method has several disadvantages. For example, the "Remove silence" option will considerably reduce the gap that's supposed to exist between tracks on normal albums. Also, when burning an audio CD the gaps will not be removed. By removing the unwanted silence in the input plug-in instead of the output plug-in, these problems are eliminated.

A download link for the plug-in and more information can be found on this Web page:

http://www.imptec.com/mad/

The MAD plug-in requires no configuration for gapless playback, this feature is always enabled. Just make sure the buffers are configured properly in the output plug-in.

Please let me know if you have any problems. Comments and feedback are welcome. Enjoy. :)
Peke

Post by Peke »

OK, Let me see if that helps or makes problems.

Try to Copy Mediamonkey.ini from My Music\Mediamonkey folder to Mediamonkey Instalation folder under name Decoder.ini, restart MM and try to burn CD with Gapples setting of MAD plugin like MM plays it.
I'm curious if this can work :)

Note: This is something regarding MAD itself not any hidDen feature in MM, so be careful when you do this.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
gpritchard

Worked brilliantly "straight out of the box"

Post by gpritchard »

I've been looking for proper gapless playback in MediaMonkey for a while now -- this worded perfectly for me (just dropped the .dll into the /plugins/ folder and enabled it and the tracks played with no noticeable gaps).

P.S. the instructions in the faq for using the DirectSound output plugin did not work for me.
adchez

Re: New MAD Input Plug-in with Gapless Support

Post by adchez »

Okay thet wasn't it, sorry. I've got gaps again. Bizzare