A few questions about mediamonkey from long-time WMP user.

Discussion about anything that might be of interest to MediaMonkey users.

Moderator: Gurus

matrix07

Re: A few questions about mediamonkey from long-time WMP user.

Post by matrix07 »

Lowlander wrote:What do you mean with messed up track lists?
Hi,

If you look at the picture I posted you'll see that track#1 displayed as track#8. In fact, all trackes were listed wrongly. This happened in random. I could correct it by delete that album from the Library then add it again but when I restarted the program next time some other albums would have wrong track lists. This is persistent. I uninstalled & reinstalled MM a few times. Can not solve it.
Lowlander wrote:Did you have the File Monitor configured, if so check that you disable Infer Track Properties under Tools > Options > Library?
I just play with it for a couple of days. I have no idea at all.
Lowlander wrote:Did you use the My Computer node instead of the Library node to navigate your music? If so switch to the Library node as this will get the tags from the database (you can sync the database tags to the tracks if other application messed them up).

Try to give some details as MediaMonkey doesn't mess up tracks/tags or lists if it's configured correctly.
I didn't know what node I'm in. A default node I guess. I don't even understand what node is. Are you saying If I set it to Library node it will fix my issue? Please look at the picture I posted, maybe you could see what node I used.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

matrix07 wrote:
Lowlander wrote:What do you mean with messed up track lists?
Hi,

If you look at the picture I posted you'll see that track#1 displayed as track#8. In fact, all trackes were listed wrongly. This happened in random. I could correct it by delete that album from the Library then add it again but when I restarted the program next time some other albums would have wrong track lists. This is persistent. I uninstalled & reinstalled MM a few times. Can not solve it.
That number is just displaying what number in the Now Playing list the track is. Everything else from your picture looks fine.

In fact, in MM 3.1 you can disable that number that comes before the title if it bothers you that much.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
matrix07

Post by matrix07 »

nohitter151 wrote: That number is just displaying what number in the Now Playing list the track is. Everything else from your picture looks fine.

In fact, in MM 3.1 you can disable that number that comes before the title if it bothers you that much.
It's not the number that bothered me. It's the order of songs. If you double click the album it'll play by that order so it'll play wrongly.

It listed CD song order wrongly. No music player ever did this.

Please look at the picture below you'll see clearly how messed up track list is. This is after I re-installed the program, add one album and voila...wrong tracks list.

(well, at least it listed 2 songs right. That's 2 out of 7. What can I say..)

matrix07

Post by matrix07 »

Also let see how Foobar2000 handle the same album...

I guess you see what I mean now.
Peke

Post by Peke »

As I see on both Pictures you get correct sort.

Foobar Added tracks in Album Order and MM added in Ascending order based on Title which Means that you didn't set Album order in view or used Filename Order as that will also sort correctly.

See My Picture when you have correct Sort Order set in Track View:

MediaMonkey allow multiple sorts+sub sorts Based on tag and not limited to Filename sort only, but if you wish you can always sort your view according to Filename.

EDIT: I almost forgot to mention that in MM 3.1 Track number is no longer prefixed in Title when listing tracks listings but got own column to avoid confusions like yours.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
matrix07

Post by matrix07 »

Peke wrote:As I see on both Pictures you get correct sort.

Foobar Added tracks in Album Order and MM added in Ascending order based on Title which Means that you didn't set Album order in view or used Filename Order as that will also sort correctly.
And where exactly to "set Album order in view or used Filename Order"? I see nothing in View menu. There is no "View" in Options either.
Peke wrote:in MM 3.1 Track number is no longer prefixed in Title when listing tracks listings but got own column to avoid confusions like yours.
The confusion created not because of the number, but because the defaults didn't play the CD as they should.
Nebbin

Post by Nebbin »

I've had a little play, since I don't use the "Show by album art" screen very much, and I can understand your problem now... The situation stems from the fact that tracks are hidden for the Show Album Art View mode. Since the tracks are not listed in this view, the track order is dependant upon the selection within either of the other two view modes (ie. Details, or Album Art with Details) and is "remembered".

If you switch, you'll see the track order, allowing you to select the desired sort order which is then carried over to the simpler Album Art View mode. I don't know why the original CD order wasn't set as the default for your installation though, unless you'd accidentally altered the order without realising it in one of the other view modes. Maybe the Album Art view mode needs to have the order hard wired to Track# in future releases.

The viewing order is set depending upon which column headers are selected (left clicked) and in which order (you can hold down ctrl key to select multiple columns for the sort order).

If you click TITLE, then all listed tracks are listed by track name, or select ALBUM + DISC + TRACK # then it sorts by correct CD order. Usually you only need to select ALBUM for this sort order, but depending upon some factors you may need to select the multiple columns to guarantee this sort order. This will then stay as the current "order" until you change it.

I hope that helps
Last edited by Nebbin on Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
matrix07

Post by matrix07 »

I get it now. That's why he said track number prefixed in Title confused me. I got this sorted correctly now (I hope).

There's still a thing though. When I first installed MM, I can add an album ripped in WAV to Library. It appeared untagged but then I can edit the properties so all is fine. This time I just can not add it to Library. APE & FLAC is added but WAV I just couldn't.

So could anyone provide tutorial to add WAV files to Library?
Nebbin

Post by Nebbin »

WAV files seem to have a non-standardised file tag system, and so I'm not sure MM will read/write any metadata for WAV files, storing it only in the database.

When you try adding these files, are you doing so by the "Add/Rescan Tracks to the Library" menu item? If so, you'll need to make sure WAV is ticked in the "Add File Types" list on the pop-up screen. I think it's unchecked by default.
matrix07

Post by matrix07 »

Nebbin wrote:When you try adding these files, are you doing so by the "Add/Rescan Tracks to the Library" menu item? If so, you'll need to make sure WAV is ticked in the "Add File Types" list on the pop-up screen. I think it's unchecked by default.
That's it! Woooshhh....what a ride!

Thank you all. I'll take a time to get used to this program. Hope I like it.
Nebbin

Post by Nebbin »

Great to hear it's all solved :)

Feel free to ask questions any time. I've found this community very good for helping anyone out with difficulties. It's often tricky to pick up on any new app's idiosyncrasies.

Once you're comfortably up and running, you might like to browse through the scripting forum, as there are a number of added features available through some third party scripters. (Such as "MonkeyRok" and "MonkeyFlow" to name two I use a lot.) There are plans to make finding these a lot easier in the future.

Have Fun.
matrix07

Post by matrix07 »

Hi, it's me again.

I have a small problem of sorting album name. When I'm in Album node, sorting by Album, strangely "The Dark Side of the Moon" appeared under "T". It didn't appear under "D" like it's supposed to. I double checked with WMP and sure enough, it appeared under "D" there.
I'm sure there's an easy way to correct this but I can't seem to find from Help menu.

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It seems MediaMonkey can only ignore prefixes for Artists not for Albums.

In any case ignoring prefixes is a user setting that can be changed under Tools > Options > Appearance.
matrix07

Post by matrix07 »

Lowlander wrote:It seems MediaMonkey can only ignore prefixes for Artists not for Albums.

In any case ignoring prefixes is a user setting that can be changed under Tools > Options > Appearance.
Oh, that's bad news. Would it be corrected in the future?

(and thank you for a tip. Look like I'm safe there. Ignore already.)
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I don't know if there are any plans to add Album to the ignore prefixes feature, but you can check the Mantis system to see if it has been added.