get rid of ipod?

Discussion about anything that might be of interest to MediaMonkey users.

Moderator: Gurus

ice2658

get rid of ipod?

Post by ice2658 »

it sounds like a strange request but is it possible for mm 2.4 not to recongize my ipod. I love mm for playback but itunes is much more sensible for ipod updates i think. thanks
Rick

Post by Rick »

Go into your C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey\Plugins folder and move off to a safe location (so you can get it back in the future if you want) the d_iPod.dll file. If you ever decide you want to use your iPod in MM then just copy the file back. Oh, also, make sure MM is not running when you do this, otherwise you will get an access denied error message when trying to remove the file.
Nebbin

Post by Nebbin »

Actually, I have the complete opposite desire. I would love the quick development of an ipod shuffle plugin for MM so I can finally get rid of iTunes.
jiri

Post by jiri »

Actually, it's very high on to-do list, if everything goes well I suppose iPod Shuffle plug-in (first alpha version) could be ready in couple of weeks.

Jiri
Anubis

Post by Anubis »

jiri wrote:it's very high on to-do list
Please, please, please, give us an idea of what else is on the to-do list.
All this iPOD stuff is boring... :-)
Al_G

Post by Al_G »

Anubis wrote:Please, please, please, give us an idea of what else is on the to-do list.
All this iPOD stuff is boring... :-)
Ditto that.

(I realize, though, that adding iPod support represents a huge increase in the number of people using MM, and hopefully these new users opt for the Gold or Lifetime license)
jiri

Post by jiri »

Sure, we aren't working on iPod support only, new version will have a number of minor, but useful improvements and also several brand new features (like already mentioned party mode, etc.).

Jiri
rusty

Portable player support

Post by rusty »

I wanted to add one other comment about iPod support--in order to create a framework for synchronization that would allow plugins for any device to be written, we need to create a reference implementation.

The iPod, given that it happens to have > 50% market share, happens to be that reference implementation. A good reference implementation will allow for other plugins to be more easily developed, and will hopefully serve as the catalyst for other device plugins to be written by members of the community.

-Rusty
Indnet

Post by Indnet »

hi guys, this is my first post to the MM forums. I have been looking for a decent media player since I got my shuffle (yes I's one of those ppl, hehe) to replace the crappy iTunes. I've tried everything from winamp to j.river to ephpod and for ease of use, MM is great. As soon as you can get a shuffle dll going, I'm in for a lifetime pass. Let me know if I can help.
jiri

Post by jiri »

Fyi, Shuffle support is pretty much ready, it's only a matter of a couple of weeks when 2.5 alpha is released.

Jiri
Uetani

iPod issues with Japanese language

Post by Uetani »

When working on the next round of the iPod plug-in, can someone please review the Japanese support? On my system (Win XP Pro English with Japanese support installed and set to Japanese for non-unicode programs) when it syncs to my iPod it stops as soon as it hits the first file with a Japanese character. For this reason I am still using iTunes to sync and have top maintain two databases...a total PITA.

Also, accessing the iTunes DRM module to allow AAC files to play within MM would be great -- Then I can use iTunes for my purchases and nothing else.
jiri

Post by jiri »

As far as I know even Japanese titles should work fine, can other users confirm?

As for DRM, Apple doesn't allow others to use their DRM module and so it doesn't seem possible for now.

Jiri
annonymous

hymn

Post by annonymous »

jiri wrote:As far as I know even Japanese titles should work fine, can other users confirm?

As for DRM, Apple doesn't allow others to use their DRM module and so it doesn't seem possible for now.

Jiri

search the web for JHymn. it'll make your troubles go away.