website problems

Discussion about anything that might be of interest to MediaMonkey users.

Moderator: Gurus

afterooster

website problems

Post by afterooster »

Just a couple suggestions for the site:

You should most definitely have the version number of your software on the download page. As it is, there is no indication of what version any user will be downloading from the download page. So for instance, if someone wanted to upgrade or simply check for a new version, and they went straight to the site, they'd have no idea if a newer version has been released or not. In fact, I don't think you have the version number ANYWHERE on the site(and yes I see the "version 3" on the banner, but what about the rest of the number? where's the 3.2.4.1304?) If it is, then I apologize, but clearly it is not easily displayed, and most definitely not displayed in the one place where it NEEDS to be.

You compare the free version to the gold version, twice on the site, in two different places. Is this necessary? I understand that it takes money to develop professional software but there's no need to shove it down our throats. MediaMonkey is a great program, let it speak for itself. We'll pay.

How about moving the Contact link to the top of the page with the others? I mean this one isn't a big deal, but if a business wants to contact you, they're not going to immediately scroll to the bottom of the web page, looking for contact info. That stuff should be easily accessible and prominently displayed.

The news feed should be on the front page. The fact that it has its own link and page is ridiculous. That's where you guys make announcements to your community, it should be one of the first things you see when you go to your site. There's hardly anything on the front page anyway, so why relegate it to its own corner? It makes no sense.

Anyway, I'm not trying to rip apart the website it's just that I found it frustrating to navigate and frankly, I was surprised at how amateur it is. I know it wasn't designed by the mediamonkey team, but maybe you guys should look into hiring a different company to design the site, because Clever Starfish seems pretty incompetant. I mean the overall feel of the site harkens back to the early 2000s. It reminds me of the days of geocities and angelfires. I wouldn't even care so much if I didn't like the software so much, so please atleast consider this.
nohitter151

Re: website problems

Post by nohitter151 »

Your post isn't without merit, I agree with many of your suggestions, but I just wanted to leave this here:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/information/changelog/
afterooster wrote:In fact, I don't think you have the version number ANYWHERE on the site(and yes I see the "version 3" on the banner, but what about the rest of the number? where's the 3.2.4.1304?)
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.