Is scripting & skinning dead?

Discussion about anything that might be of interest to MediaMonkey users.

Moderator: Gurus

Vyper

Is scripting & skinning dead?

Post by Vyper »

Just a curiosity question. Has MediaMonkey gotten so advanced that we won't see any new scripts or skins? :D
Stop Button Freak
MMuser2011

Re: Is scripting & skinning dead?

Post by MMuser2011 »

What exactly do you miss? :wink:
Magic Nodes v4.3.3 (2018-10-03) last free version SQL Viewer v2.4 (2009-10-25)
ExternalTools v1.4 (2011-05-09) iTunesMonkey 1.0 + Acoustid
Calculate Cover Size v1.7 (2012-10-23) RegExp Find & Replace v4.4.9 (2018-10-03) last free version
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

I don't miss anything specific. We just don't see the skinners and scripters posting anymore is all. :)
Stop Button Freak
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I haven't really had a lot of time to get on the forums recently, so I've not been keeping up to date with my numerous script threads. I do still have a list of issues which need to be looked at, when I can find the time.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

I wasn't being critical trix ....... just saying I (and I'm sure others) miss you guys. :)
Stop Button Freak
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

wow i'm missed!!!! :) i'm not on computer much and i still have those errors on the mini player in the new versions
so i'm not going on with the skins my mm 3 skins main and micro players work in the new version but if i make new ones they seem to get the errors. so i'm not updating or making new ones i've done 10 yrs of them time for some one else to think out side the box on the new player.

but if i can't get a version with out those errors i'll stick with mm 3's last version.
8)

plus when you get hit with congestive heart failure you just don't want to do much anymore. its taken 8 months for me to feel like doing anything for very long.
getting back in to shape is hard when you can't do all the hard work outs anymore i've got to do soft shape up workout's no more power lifts. so its taking time for me to get my head around working softer and shorter on anything.

glad to know i'm missed as well as i'm not the only one missing any new addons or the old members. 8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

rovingcowboy wrote:plus when you get hit with congestive heart failure you just don't want to do much anymore. its taken 8 months for me to feel like doing anything for very long
Wow dude, sorry to hear that happened to you. Hopefully they've got you fixed up proper and you're okay now.
Stop Button Freak
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

yep doing better got out of the first hospital i was dealing with that didn't really know how to do things for the one person only knew how to do one thing for many people. i'm not a robot. so i got in to the VA system they got better doc's there that know what to do for all different kinds of stuff for the one person not just the treatment for a mass of people.

but i hope to see more skins and scripts here too. still got one of the errors in the new version they seem to fix one of them then get another.??

:-?

why they can't find out what is causing that background setting for the mini player to be shorter then the code for the player i don't know? but it is causing the player's background code to show its full width while the code error is making the player's background image to be short.? leaving a white image on the right of the player. its been that way since version 4 started.

i found the reason for the other error of the mini players ini code and fixed it and told them. so they then fixed it but next update they messed it back up. now this latest version i see they fixed that again but the white section is still there.
hope it stays fixed that error made the controls on the mini player out of alingment with their code. now if they can find what is causing the other error.
if they get it fixed i might make my skins updated for the new player. already did up date the dj coco marantz skin its on my download site and i think at peke's happy monkey site. that would be the only updated skin of mine peke has. all others i have not updated there yet. but all mine on my download site are updated to the last version of mm 3. 8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.

Post by Guest »

Is there a new scripting engine coming with MM5?

tia
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

{edit / & also skinners} MMFrLife wrote:
I figure, the activities of the current pool of scripter's and little, if any, new blood of scripter's coming around.

Understandably, and sympathetically, a lot of the current scripters have many
scripts to keep up with/maintain; besides being busy with other things (a big shout out to these
guys/gals(?), as their efforts Rock! 8) ). But as awesome and essential as many of the current scripts are,
it would be nice to see some new blood and fresh ideas/activity. :)
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

I better post an update here too since i mentioned skinning issues above. but I think I did say something someplace else in the forum?
but the one issue in the skinning I've not been able to fix or find is in fact a bit of windows 7 code that is needed
and the windows xp systems can't use it even if it was added to the xp system so mm not seeing that code made a mess out of the skins, but once I got the win 7 system the skins react the way they are to react, just I'm not fixing my skins, to be mm4 since the mm3 skin does work just don't have all the little extra no album art images mm 4 uses. the color issues I've found in my skins are from the different hex codes used in win 7 then in win xp and from using a flat screen instead of a crt.

8)