USB Playlist

Discussion about anything that might be of interest to MediaMonkey users.

Moderator: Gurus

wpsteve

USB Playlist

Post by wpsteve »

I have a 2013 Buick and use the USB for music. Problem ! The Buick system uses the song title for the list, appears regardless of USB list. This is ok but I have many duplicate songs by different artists and do not want them together. So I tried pitting a letter in front of the title to move it, say a song starting with A, I put an j and expect it to move to the j's. Sometimes yes most times no. I do put a space, maybe should not? Can't use numbers as that puts them all at the start together again. Don't want to use shuffle as this does not start where you shut down last time' I tried making the playlist in Monkey but the system just wants to alphabetize the songs. GM no help.
Any ideas?
WP Steve
nohitter151

Re: USB Playlist

Post by nohitter151 »

wpsteve wrote:So I tried pitting a letter in front of the title to move it, say a song starting with A, I put an j and expect it to move to the j's. Sometimes yes most times no
What do you mean by "sometimes yet most times no"?
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.

Post by Guest »

Sometimes it will put a title with an A in the a's, might be that a can be seen as a word. Does not do it all the time. Then also puts other letters in the wrong place.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Where does it put them wrong (be detailed)? Also which version of MediaMonkey are you using?

Post by Guest »

It is not happening in Monkey. I tried making a playlist in Monkey and then using it in the car. The car brings it up alphabetically.
Say there are two song titled The Ballad of Davy Crockett, but they are by two different artists. I want them separated when they play. One will play in the T's so to separate I put a b in front of one of them. This should move it to the B's, does not. Sometimes does not move it, sometime moves it to another letter <G>
WP Steve
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Sounds like an issue with the car system. Not sure what you expect MM to do differently here.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
wpsteve

Post by wpsteve »

nohitter151 wrote:Sounds like an issue with the car system. Not sure what you expect MM to do differently here.
Exactly, I was just hoping someone else may have run into a similar problem and came up with a workaround. That is why I mentioned the car !
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

It's not anything you can fix it is all cheap mp3 usb players.
only thing I can do is add the artist name as part of the title. 8)
you know like
elvis jailhouse rock..mp3
or
cash folsom prison.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Where do you put a b in front of it?
wpsteve

Post by wpsteve »

I put the b and a space in front of the title example b jailhouse Rock maybe no space ?
Roving Cowboy I will try that maybe it does not recognize a single b as a word or name and ignores it ?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I understand you're editing the Title, but where (MediaMonkey on file/in Playlist) do you do this (be detailed)?

Post by Guest »

Just a thought, does the car system read Metadata or Filenames, the reason I'm saying this is that you have said that you have changed the Title but did you also change the Filename.

K.