MM Freezing

Discussion about anything that might be of interest to MediaMonkey users.

Moderator: Gurus

canadawalrus

MM Freezing

Post by canadawalrus »

I recently Got MM Gold and added my songs approx 83,000 of them. On a windows 10 3.g ghz 8 core processor with 12gb ram and 7tb total memory. I find i can leave it as it is or shut down all non essential services but after about 15 min of running MM when trying to do more than 1 function at a time or even pressing next song a little to fast it freezes and plays the same few seconds of music in a loop and the only way to shut mm down is by the task manager. Anyone know whats going on?

Thanks

Stephen
canadawalrus@gmail.com
dtsig

Re: MM Freezing

Post by dtsig »

Sorry I have not seen that and don't have an answer for you. But next time this kind of question should be in the 'Help' section as I am not sure the Mods or Devs necessarily read this thread.
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Which version of MediaMonkey?
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

if not a version issue as lowlander is thinking.
then I'm going to say mm is using swap file and you have it sat to small. ? or windows 10 developers are not being careful with the amount of ram their programs use now that it is basically unlimited. and the ones you have running are hogging it all. ? or
the amount of spyware for the government that is in windows 10 is hogging the ram believe me that is a ton of gov spys in win 10
that is why ms is being made to force it on us win 7 users by hidden updates in 2016. no joke they are already doing it with auto updates.
but you might try a third party app to control the processes, I use bill2's process manager last I knew it was made for win 7 but he might have an update now. still win 10 works on win 7 machines so maybe that wont need an update. just get one that keeps the settings after a reboot, and set the mm exe and the mm decoder exe to high prioritys this will keep them from being shoved to the back of the line at the processors and maybe stop your issues. I've been doing that since mm 3 was released. it is really needed on win 7 so I'm guessing it is also needed on win 10. 8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.