OPUS LOSSY FORMAT AND TOTAL REDESIGN [#12769]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

audioguru

OPUS LOSSY FORMAT AND TOTAL REDESIGN [#12769]

Post by audioguru »

Hello,

There is a new Lossy Format that is suppose to be far superior to all the other Lossy codecs available and it is called OPUS.
This is being supported by the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF).

Does Media Monkey support this new format? If not will it support it with the next release for CD ripping and audio conversion?

Also when will Media Monkey update their CD ripping portion of this program to do error correction, and read the pressing offset of CD's. There are compettitors out there who keep improving their programs and it seems like even seems like another company is going ahead of the curve, and in fact the programmer of this company came from Media Monkey.
Did he take all the programming knowledge with him, and is Media Monkey lacking in programming skills? Just a question not bashing. My last thought instead of resting on what this company did in the past, why doesn't Media Monkey re-create itself by doing a total redesign of all programming interfaces and structures that is if your programmers know how to do this. There is much more programming automation that can be done with this program with simple click menus and sub menus. Also it would be nice if you could make the outside skin and interace menue bigger and change the font size on the items that are clicked on. I can't believe we are in 2012 and I can't change the fonts on the sub menu and menu items. This interface needs to be redesigned.

You know Symantec did this back in around in the year 2000, they realized their programming was getting chunky and slow, and they sat down and redesigned their whole internet security system from the ground up, and look at them today.

Why doesn't Media Monkey do this, redesign from the ground up all the interface menus, and the sub menus and design and interface that works with CD roobot readers like the NIMBIE, in fact I challange this company do something no other company has done in the media industry since Steve Jobs, become number one and not what you did yesterday, but what you will do tomorrow and be innovative and creative.

FINAL THOUGHTS, I can't even use a robotic cd reader called the Nimbie to rip my cds, because your program does not support robotic ripping.

Thank you,
Audio
Lowlander

Re: OPUS LOSSY FORMAT AND TOTAL REDESIGN

Post by Lowlander »

Peke

Re: OPUS LOSSY FORMAT AND TOTAL REDESIGN [#12769]

Post by Peke »

Hi,
More talked about at https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... 30&t=67778

In MM5 have it implemented as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=12769 but older versions will not get support.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts