Multimedia Tree Cathegories

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

gamb2009

Multimedia Tree Cathegories

Post by gamb2009 »

Actually, in compilation 5.0.0.2058, you can create a new item of the multimedia tree like, for example "Jazz", adding the selection criteria "Genre contains Jazz" . But then, you can not add in cathegory "Music" a new complementary criteria to filter out Jazz like "Genre doesen't contains Jazz", because it defaults to "contains". It happens with all three negative conditions (doesn't contain, doesn't equal and doesn't starts with). It would be nice to have the chance of also adding a new type creteria specific for Jazz. This because, as with Classical Music, the grouping criteria is special for that type of music: In classical you would group preferably by composer, with all sub-cathegories ordered in a subordinated way, whereas in Jazz you would be thinking of a specific interpreter.
gamb2009
MMFrLife

Re: Multimedia Tree Cathegories

Post by MMFrLife »

Can you state/confirm what you are doing in the following format, like if I use,

1. Using quantifier "all"
2. Property: genre, Condition: doesn't contain, Value: Jazz
It works to do that one thing.
But you want to add something with "Property: type, Condition: equals, Value: music" to that?
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
gamb2009

Post by gamb2009 »

My purpose was, once succesfully creted a new group in the tree named Jazz (which works correctly), I wanted to remove the jazz tracks form the original group "Music". So I added a new criteria to the existing "Music" group to filter out the jazz tracks from other kind of popular music, as I have now a new cathegory for it. So, if a add to "Music" in the quantifier all "Genre > doesn't contain > Jazz", and then hit Ok to the dialog box, when I come back to it, I get "Genre > contain > Jazz". i.e. the opposit.
gamb2009
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

I cannot replicate, for me it works as expected, is this what you have meant? :

gamb2009

Post by gamb2009 »

Sorry if I have not explained myself correctly (probably is my bad English)... or maybe something wrong with my computer.

I have done the following:
a) I have succesfully created a new Cathegory Named Jazz, adding a fliter criteria: "Genre > contains > Jazz". Works great! Now I have three cathegories in my tree: Music, Classical Music and Jazz.
b) Actually, the Jazz cathegory only have tracks that matches the genre Jazz. But the original cathegory Music have both popular tacks AND Jazz tracks, mixing the two.
c) Now, I want to exclude the Jazz tracks in the default collection "Music", in order to have in it ONLY the general popular music (i.e. other genres), excluding Jazz and Classical Tracks.
d) I edit the cathegory "Music", adding a new selection criteria to the existing one: "Genre > doesn't contain > Jazz". Hit OK in the dialog box.
e) It doesn't work. Why? If I open again the dialog box for checking and reediting "Music" cathegory, the newly added criteria is there, but it has changed to "Genre > CONTAIN > Jazz.

Hope you could replicate the problem.
gamb2009
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Ok, I understand now. I'll test later.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
😜
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

I'll have to delay testing as I am running into a major error problem myself when trying to do so.
I'll have to send a debug in over the next 24 hours.

For anyone else wanting to test above issue:

coll. name - "Music"
Type; is; Music, Classical Music, etc.

What to create/edit
coll. name - "Jazz" (create custom)
Genre; contains; Jazz

coll. name - "Music" (edit default coll. by adding)
Genre; doesn't contain; Jazz

> press "OK"
😜
PetrCBR

Post by PetrCBR »

There will be some major issues in collections fixed in next release.
How to make a debuglog - step 4b: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643

Post by Guest »

I, too, have a collection named jazz. But personally, I find it useful to have a category - Music - that contains everything in my library (I deleted the Type <> Classical Music that is in the default criteria). To that end I created a collection called Other Music with the criteria Genre <> Jazz and Type <> Classical Music. I then have 4 collections/types:

Classical Music
Jazz
Other Music (everything not Jazz or Classical Music)
Music (everything)

Music is especially useful when trying to find a new set of tracks when the genre/type might be missing.
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

gamb2009,
It appears to be working correctly with latest .2060.
😜
gamb2009

Post by gamb2009 »

Sorry, but is not working in 2060. You still can not use the negative selectors ("doesn't equal", "doesn't contain" or "doesn't start with"). All of them default to "contains".
gamb2009
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Interesting, it works here. Win7 64.
You may want to submit a ticket, or another if you did while using 2058.
😜
gamb2009

Post by gamb2009 »

Im using Windows 10 Pro (Insider Preview built 14986). I will submit a ticket.
gamb2009
jwhitworth

Post by jwhitworth »

Works on my Windows 10 Pro system.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Same here on 2060 and Win 10 Pro x64.
Best regards,
Peke