MM5 scripting, difficult debug experience

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

stax76

MM5 scripting, difficult debug experience

Post by stax76 »

There are a couple of issues and the sum make scripting difficult at the moment.
PetrCBR

Re: MM5 scripting, difficult debug experience

Post by PetrCBR »

- it takes 2-3 seconds from exception raised to exception dialog shown, CPU fan speeds up.

It's because of callstack generation ... will see if i can speed up that a little.

- exception dialog don't scale correctly on high DPI making it hard to read and hard to click on buttons: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 30&t=86977

I saw that and it's on my todo with high priority

- there is always a second exception dialog that again has DPI issues and uses 2-3 seconds CPU time

Same as above.

- there is a issue with the API docs and error message not being very helpful, it only said param missing but not which file, line and method. http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 30&t=86976

This definitely need to be improved ... will see what i can do with that.
How to make a debuglog - step 4b: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643
stax76

Post by stax76 »

Could you make progress on the exception dialog scaling issue? I cannot continue without usable exception dialog. :)
PetrCBR

Post by PetrCBR »

Will be improved in next build.
stax76

Post by stax76 »

After working on my new uwp/xaml/c# player project and examining musicbee and quodlibet I played a bit with MM5 again, startup exception didn't happen today, when I cause a exception in my script it still takes always 8 seconds (measured with timer, fast PC with i7 4Ghz CPU), the exception dialog still always shows in the background behind the main dialog, when I confirm the exception dialog there is shortly a dialog with title sending over internet and this dialog looks broken on high DPI, it closes after sending and then comes a dialog asking to restart, if this isn't confirmed instantly withing 2 seconds a second exception dialog shows behind the restart dialog and then everything freezes, now task manager is needed to shut it down. Part of my frustration was that I only noticed today I have to confirm the restart dialog instantly so until today it was always freezing completely and I always had to use task manager to shut it down.

Biggest issues now is waiting 8 seconds for the exception dialog is very long and that it always shows in the background behind the main dialog. I'm also pretty clueless with JavaScript but it's another topic.
PetrCBR

Post by PetrCBR »

It takes few seconds because of callstack request. Will check wrong zorder position of the window.
stax76

Post by stax76 »

Thanks for looking at the z-order, can you also reproduce the lock/freeze issue? If not I could make a screen recording.