5.0.0.2114 - test setup wizard

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Slimpie

5.0.0.2114 - test setup wizard

Post by Slimpie »

Hi all,

Just installed 5.0.0.2114 and here's my feedback for the setup wizard:

Opening first time getting question "do you want to copy settings..... etc". I chose NO and yet my MM license was available in "Help / About" and doing a quick check in settings I think some of my MM4 settings have been copied as well.

Setup wizard
Schedule (tab 1)
Visually strange behaviour:
Location: when clicking drop-down menu the word "Manual" goes from right to left in that sentence / table cell (?). The word Manual also gets highlighted. After making a choice, that choice (let's say At Startup" does get back to the right side of the sentence / table cell.

There's no Tooltip (if that's the text one gets when hovering with the mouse over a certain area/text) for "Look up track information". What does "look up track information" mean and can a tooltip be added?

Share Media (tab 2)
Why did you choose share your media as opt-out? Are the majority of MM users in the habit of sharing their media?

After registration is it recommended to go to "Options" (which is left bottom of setup wizard)?
If so, why not make "Options" tab 4 in the setup wizard.

As "Options" has some powerful stuff (e.g. library / metadata lookup - replace existing information if confidence > 70% - as standard being checked) imo Options should be made part of setup as maybe my existing information for a certain album or track may be overwritten by MM and I'll only notice this when it's too late.

I haven't done the Setting / Options bit yet because it's a temp/test environment but when I start using the final MM5 version the first thing I do is going to Settings/options (and compare them to MM4 options where possible) and choose the best options for my situation.

After Setup Wizard is done I get the "scan results" pop up.
It mentions: did not import 21 files. Those files were .jpg and .txt files so that's okay but getting a list of only Audio/Video/Podcast etc files which weren't imported is more convenient methinks. Now I have to scroll through a long list to see if any audio/video files were faulty (wrong encoder or something).
Perhaps there's a setting where I can set "import criteria" so I only get a list of faulty Audio/Video files and not all those not imported .jpg and .txt files.

After setup wizard & scan result are done I see the "normal" program layout.
In the bottom middle there are "track back / play / track forward" icons without Tooltip but those icons are pretty self explanatory.
However, at bottom right there are 4 icons also without Tooltip info but they are not so easy to understand, esp. for persons without MM4 experience. I guess it's the shuffle / repeat icons and a RSS feed kinda icon (???) and horizontal stripe with a round thingy. Clicking those icons doesn't reveal what they do although the horizontal stripe seems to be the volume controller.

Program menu (all at the top of the program):
When choosing Help -under about / Tools - under Extentions / Play - under level playback volume or Edit - under Search at the bottom of the menu there's no line/border (to make it a closed box) while View or File have a bottom line/border making it a closed box.

If this is the kind of feedback you're looking for I'll try and do some similar stuff for the rest of the program.
Ludek

Re: 5.0.0.2114 - test setup wizard

Post by Ludek »

Hi, thanks for your feedback!

We are looking into the issues.

Comment on some:
Share Media (tab 2)
Why did you choose share your media as opt-out? Are the majority of MM users in the habit of sharing their media?
Sharing your media ensures that wi-fi sync with MMA will work on your home network and that you can access the media using another DLNA capable devices and TVs on your LAN. Seems to be useful to have it enabled by default, don't you think? Or do you see some issues with this?

After Setup Wizard is done I get the "scan results" pop up.
It mentions: did not import 21 files. Those files were .jpg and .txt files so that's okay but getting a list of only Audio/Video/Podcast etc files which weren't imported is more convenient methinks. Now I have to scroll through a long list to see if any audio/video files were faulty (wrong encoder or something).
Perhaps there's a setting where I can set "import criteria" so I only get a list of faulty Audio/Video files and not all those not imported .jpg and .txt files.
Thanks, fixed as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=14943

After setup wizard & scan result are done I see the "normal" program layout.
In the bottom middle there are "track back / play / track forward" icons without Tooltip but those icons are pretty self explanatory.
However, at bottom right there are 4 icons also without Tooltip info but they are not so easy to understand, esp. for persons without MM4 experience. I guess it's the shuffle / repeat icons and a RSS feed kinda icon (???) and horizontal stripe with a round thingy. Clicking those icons doesn't reveal what they do although the horizontal stripe seems to be the volume controller.
I see the tooltip once I hover over the buttons, e.g. the "Play to'...' tooltip over the "Play to" button like this:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/trus7kwsu2tf4 ... 3.png?dl=0
Don't you see them?