tag with mm5 ?

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

teodore

Re: tag with mm5 ?

Post by teodore »

thanks i forget this with mm5
maybe (i don't know) all check by default ?
Windows 10 i7 8 Go - topping d30 - sansui au-222
Lyrics : http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 0&p=448074
Zonky

Post by Zonky »

Hmm, maybe I'm yet to dumb to tag my files?

No matter which file I select to auto-tag, the process fails. By failing I mean that the popup for tagging shows up and the progress wheel is spinning and spinning. After a while it stops and the status column just shows the text: fail.

Within the options I've added "musicbrainz; tvdb; imdb" as sources for tagging. Others are unavailable so is Discogs missing in the list. OK, that's a plugin, which is not available for MM5, I guess, however, with those built-in sources, tagging is not possible right now.

Or did I miss the obvious?

Edit: After sme trial-and-error through all of my files, I finally found one that could be tagged :-? So, I would appreciate if more sources for tagging could be added because the current ones are pretty much useless.
Btw, the tagging process for a single file takes too much time even if the result is fail. I experienced about 1 minute or so for just one file...

Michael
PetrCBR

Post by PetrCBR »

Are you trying to tag music or video ? For music files we have fingerprinting so it's easier to find info. Can you send me one failed track (petr <att> mediamonkey <dott> com) ?
How to make a debuglog - step 4b: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643
Zonky

Post by Zonky »

PetrCBR wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:04 am Are you trying to tag music or video ? For music files we have fingerprinting so it's easier to find info. Can you send me one failed track (petr <att> mediamonkey <dott> com) ?
I'm trying to tag MP3 files only. I've sent you a PM with a dropbox link and an e-mail at your address.

Thanks for investigating...
Michael
Zonky

Post by Zonky »

For the records: this has been resolved by adding a firewall rule on my side.

Thanks for reading.