MM5 2130: Multiple monitor aware issues

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

jimbob_sf

MM5 2130: Multiple monitor aware issues

Post by jimbob_sf »

I'm on an insider build of Win 10, so it may be a Microsoft issue, but maybe it isn't. Child windows always open in the "main" monitor, even if MM5 is fully in the secondary one.

Win 10 Pro x64 1809/177763.104.
PetrCBR

Re: MM5 2130: Multiple monitor aware issues

Post by PetrCBR »

Will check and fix.
How to make a debuglog - step 4b: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643
malkierian

Re: MM5 2130: Multiple monitor aware issues

Post by malkierian »

I actually have the reverse problem. It's fairly standard in Windows for programs to remember the last position and screen of the dialogs, and that works, as long as I'm repositioning the popups inside MM on whatever screen it's on. If I move the dialog to the other screen, close it, and open it again (with the same file and same procedure) it's right back where it was on MM's screen. It does, however, remember the screen-relative position when it opens it up again (if I closed it on the right-side of the non-MM screen, it will open on the right side of the MM screen).

Not that this is that much of a problem, mind you, just wanted to throw out there that it looks like it was specifically Microsoft's fault, as I'm pretty sure we're even on different versions of the Insider track (what build number are you on? I don't recognize the format of that version string, but I have build 17677).