2158: Spurious playlist sync, empty playlists with the right name

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

mtrhead

2158: Spurious playlist sync, empty playlists with the right name

Post by mtrhead »

Cannot get consistent syncing of playlists to GPM, some work ok, about half are completely empty playlists with the right playlist name.,
this has been present on all previous builds on my set up. Showing as follows:

1) Fresh install of 2158
2) Ensured no MM5 smart playlist is greater than 10,000 tracks (per Ludek feedback from previous bug report)
3) Playlists have sync'd up to GPM (and now appear twice in MM5 playlist view), no idea if this is meant to be like this
4) A few missing files reported at end of sync, but about half the playlists on GPM are correctly titled but completely empty. Can't see any logic as to why some seem ok and others are empty.
5) Tried deleting all playlists in GPM and resyncing, same result, difficult to tell but I think the same named empty playlists are seen within a GPM browser view.
6) Tried deselecting in playlists in MM5 and resync ( seemed ok) then turned on playlists again, same problem
Ludek

Re: 2158: Spurious playlist sync, empty playlists with the right name

Post by Ludek »

3) Playlists have sync'd up to GPM (and now appear twice in MM5 playlist view), no idea if this is meant to be like this
No, it is not meant to be like this.
Even if you have checked '[x] Scan 'Google Play Music' content to the local database option then the GPM playlists are (starting from 2158) copied sub to the 'Google Play Music' sub-playlist, so you shouldn't see any duplicates in MM5 playlist view. The decision to move them sub to the 'Google Play Music' parent playlist is the Google's limitation of 1000 tracks per playlist :-/

4) A few missing files reported at end of sync, but about half the playlists on GPM are correctly titled but completely empty. Can't see any logic as to why some seem ok and others are empty.
I cannot replicate, could you please generate debug log (item 4b here: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... 30&t=86643 ) with the following steps:
1) Start DbgView
2) Fresh install of 2158 with no playlist in GPM
3) Sync to GPM
4) check which playlists are empty and attach the log

Thanks!
mtrhead

Post by mtrhead »

ah sorry Ludek, I misread one of your previous posts to my other bug reports, for some reason I read the GPM playlist limit was 10000, I now realise you'd said all along it was 1000. Let me go back, do some more testing with pruned playlists and I'll update the thread on what I find. I'll be away so it will take me 10 days or so to get back on this. Thanks
mtrhead

Post by mtrhead »

Hi Ludek,

I did do some testing with playlists less than 1000 items and I'm still seeing spurious results. However before I run through all the debug capture per your last message I notice we are now testing 2161 so let me know if you want to continue this thread and do further testing as instructed on 2158 or should I close this thread, do testing on 2161 and assuming I've still got problems open up a new thread?
Thanks
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

I am not Lukek, but there would no point testing with anything other than the latest version
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Let's continue with this thread, but with the latest build (2061 atm)
mtrhead

Post by mtrhead »

OK, so did a fresh install of 2161 and deleted all playlists on MM5 and GPM as a known starting point:

1) Interestingly I'm now realising the GPM sync is never completing, its actually getting stuck at the final stage on "converting file", from what I can see in the debug it was looping consistently on a specific file at 135 of 140.
2) There appeared to be nothing odd about the file (played fine, titling and extension looks ok) but I went ahead and deleted it and retried.
3) Same issue but now hangs at file 133 of 139. I can see the same behaviour and looping in the debug logs
4) Basically it will sometimes crash and generate a debug log but only if its left for hours, most of the time it just sits on "converting file" and hangs up.

I will submit both dbgview files for you
mtrhead

Post by mtrhead »

any update on this? Nothing heard on this thread or the ticket opened to submit the dbgview files
thanks
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Aha, I thought that you plan to submit the logs (but not yet submitted).
I will look into it. What's the ticket id?
mtrhead

Post by mtrhead »

Thanks Ludek, ticket TYA-225-87052