Toolbar button for Crossfade

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

JoePublic

Toolbar button for Crossfade

Post by JoePublic »

Here is a really straightforward and kind of minor request for MM5:

You turn "Crossfade" on and off from the Play menu. I would like to have a button to toggle Crossfade, and be able to put that button in a toolbar so it can be used without accessing the menu. The button should visibly show whether Crossfade is engaged or not. If you want the button, add it to a custom toolbar. If not, like a lot of other controls, it doesn't hurt anything for being available.

Why am I asking for this? Two reasons:

1- One less click to turn Crossfade on or off. If it's a feature you change a lot, this would be a plus. This is the lesser of my two reasons.

2- Sometimes I DJ with a prepared playlist. For some songs, I want to crossfade between them, others I don't, so I'm constantly turning crossfade off and on. The problem is, while I'm DJ'ing, there are a lot of things going on and I don't always remember what state the Crossfade toggle is set to. It would be nice if I could just glance at the button to see the state rather than having to click the Play menu to see what state Crossfade is in.

Probably a lot of people wouldn't care about this enhancement, but I'm guessing it would be relatively easy to implement.
Peke

Re: Toolbar button for Crossfade

Post by Peke »

Hi,
There is no need for Crossfade button to be added you can easily assign Hotkey action for Crossfade ON/OFF in MM5 Options.

Also adding crossfade button should be easy to add in MM5 Skin MM5 designed for DJ usage.

In MM4.x it can be also easily added in script reading setting https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index. ... sCrossfade state and then added to toolbar as button.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Timo_Beil

Re: Toolbar button for Crossfade (Better: Indicator)

Post by Timo_Beil »

Hi,
I think, JoePublic would like to have an indicator, that shows the state of Crossfade.
Same as I would like to have an indicator, that shows the state of the equalizer (on/of, not visible/closed).
MM 2024.0.0.3005-port-DE, Win 11 pro, I7-6700, 16GB RAM,