[SOLVED] M3U8 Playlist do not import when scanned folder

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Blackcat12

[SOLVED] M3U8 Playlist do not import when scanned folder

Post by Blackcat12 »

Hi - I am hoping someone can help me understand why M3U8 playlist are not importing into the Playlist tree when I scan a folder. To be more specific, I have previously backed up my CD's using EAC to create flac's with cue files and m3u8 playlists were created at that time. I have all of these files separated in folders per Album and have scanned them into MM5, but no playlists are imported during the scan.
Ludek

Re: M3U8 Playlist do not import when scanned folder

Post by Ludek »

Hi, I have just tested on clean install and scanned some folders with M3U and M3U8 playlists and they were correctly imported and appearing under [Playlists > Imported Playlists] node

Also, make sure that you have listed the M3U and M3U8 extensions here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3qcjemqimhebk ... 3.png?dl=0
Blackcat12

Re: M3U8 Playlist do not import when scanned folder

Post by Blackcat12 »

Thanks for the feedback, Ludek.

I re-verified my settings as per your screen shot. M3U8 was indeed there and I presume it is there by default as I haven't modified this area.

I have been upgrading by installing the latest release over top of my existing installations. As you mentioned a clean install in your reply, I went ahead and deleted my existing database and retested. It worked! I did not change any other settings or installation. Just started with a clean DB. It might have been a fluke on my system, but starting with a clean DB resolved the issue.

Thanks!