2164: UI unstable while downloading tracks from GPM

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Barry4679

2164: UI unstable while downloading tracks from GPM

Post by Barry4679 »

I tested downloading some tracks from GPM. ... I have EntireLibrary>GPM>AllTracks open in List View mode. I have the Source and the Path columns visible .. I don't suppose that it is important, but I also have the Column Browser open set with 3 columns; 1. Source, 2. AlbumArtist, 3. Album

If a download is in-progress, I have to fight with the UI if I want to select another group of tracks for download.

What appears to happen is that the background task is updating the List's source column, and also the Path columns with a temporary file name.

This interferes with my attempt to select a further block of tracks for download ... ie. click , and then shift click, should select a block ... but the updates coming from the background task appears to undo the selection. ... and navigation within the list becomes jerky.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Ludek

Re: 2164: UI unstable while downloading tracks from GPM

Post by Ludek »

Hi,
I have just tried and this does not happen for me. The track paths are updating, but the selection remains the same.

But maybe you selected a something special in the Column Browser (e.g. limiting it to the track that are not downloaded)?

Or maybe you have a kind of sorting enabled causing the tracklist to re-sort based on the "downloaded" status?

EDIT: I see, this happens when the view is sorted by the 'Source' column making the tracklist to re-sort after each track download, is this what you are seeing?
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

Ludek wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:55 am I see, this happens when the view is sorted by the 'Source' column making the tracklist to re-sort after each track download, is this what you are seeing?
No. my display is sorted by AlbumArtist,Album

Are you sure that you also replicated my Column Browser setting, as described in my original post? ... I had the display filtered by Source=drive, so that I could browse for albums to download.

here is a snapshot that took yesterday: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qly2ravhwnfxk ... g.png?dl=0

I check again today ... the problem persists
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

I see, if you filter the tracklist just to non-downladed per you screenshot: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qly2ravhwnfxk ... g.png?dl=0
then the songs that are just being downloaded disappear from the list once they are downloaded (as expected) so the tracklist scrolls itself etc.

So I guess that the issue does not appear when you change the first 'Source' column in the column browser to 'All', am I right?
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

Ludek wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:19 am So I guess that the issue does not appear when you change the first 'Source' column in the column browser to 'All', am I right?
Unable to get progress on this atm.

2146 seems very slow to sync GPM track links to MM. ... doing a 1st time sync ... is taking 1.5 seconds per track ... it used to do 47,000 tracks in 20 minutes.

Maybe something broken here .... I don't notice this when I 1st installed 2146, although maybe I left it running overnight, and didn't notice.

Will reinstall tomorrow, and try again.
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

Sorry delay.

Firstly: after PC reboot the sync speed was resolved ... will watch for it in the future ... the effect was dramatic ... the first GPM sync for me is normally 20 minutes, but it was slowed down to point where it was going to take 18+ hours .... I don't know whether the problem was in MM5, or my LAN or my NAS ... but is gone now.

Secondly: I still see the grid instability during download, even when the grid is filtered on Source=All ... I start a download for a block of tracks, and then select a different block of tracks .... MM initially shows the new block as selected, but a moment later they are deselected ... or they show as selected, but as I right click them they become de-selected.

Are you sure that you have the Source and Path columns displayed within the grid, as described in my 1st post? .... I can see the updates to these columns as you work through the download batch ... and it is during this time that the grid is unstable.

Navigation through the grid is also jerky

One other comment: the wheel at the top right corner does not display|spin while you are processing a download batch .... a Downlod node opens in the Media Tree, but this can be scrolled out of view ... it would be better if the normal spinning wheel was also displayed.