I have two MM4 db files at the moment, while I doing something for somebody.
They are in custom locations, and I have one, or the other of them, commented out in MMs ini file.
I made a mistake with my ini comment line ... ie. I used a # in column 1 (like Python), instead if semi colon and blank in cols 1&2
MM4 handles this error OK, and sees the line as a comment. But MM5 config import and db conversion does not ... nb. I am doing a portable install.
I know that this is a user error, but should report the error to the user.
What MM5 does do is very confusing, and should be improved:
- it offers to import config and db from MM4
- it then displays the imported db, and allows you to interact with it
- but if you stop, then restart MM, the db is empty
- if you look into the portable folder, the converted db is there, but the ini file still shows the MM4 db location(s)
- and to add to the confusion MM does not seem to be recognising that this is a portable install ... the MM5 db backup facility shows that MM is now using an empty db in c:\users\xxxx\Appdata|Roaming etc etc
[UPDATE] problem persists, but is not related to ini file ... see next post