View columns not behaving

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Panchdara

View columns not behaving

Post by Panchdara »

Using Win 10 (updated to most recent) and MM5 2170 there is an issue with viewing columns:

Installed 2170 and I have Artwork and Track Summary as first 2 columns. I then try and Choose Columns and remove these 2 columns then nothing happens. I have to right click in column header to hide. I then add Artwork column and move to top of list and nothing happens. I have to add at end and then can I move to position 1. I'm not sure I like MM5 as much as MM4. To paraphrase Forest Gum "MM5 is like a box of chocolates: you never know how it will behave."

As an edit - this behavior is unpredictable - sometimey.
Barry4679

Re: View columns not behaving

Post by Barry4679 »

Panchdara wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:53 am Using Win 10 (updated to most recent) and MM5 2170 there is an issue with viewing columns:

Installed 2170 and I have Artwork and Track Summary as first 2 columns. I then try and Choose Columns and remove these 2 columns then nothing happens. I have to right click in column header to hide. I then add Artwork column and move to top of list and nothing happens.
I think that you were in Album&Tracks view mode ... It looks like the 1st two columns are fixed in that mode. ... that is my assumption.

If you want to change those columns you probably need to switch to List view mode, see image

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lo23s2r27tked ... e.png?dl=0

Panchdara wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:53 amI'm not sure I like MM5 as much as MM4. To paraphrase Forest Gum "MM5 is like a box of chocolates: you never know how it will behave."

As an edit - this behavior is unpredictable - sometimey.
I know what you mean. I really like MM5, but it is very modal, and the different modes can each have their own rules and controls.

I think of it like the designers have gone an extra step to make each mode more suitable for its specific purpose, rather than it being like a blank common canvas, that you have to configure yourself ... the (initial) problem is that the first experience of MM5 can be a bit like one of those computer puzzle games, ... the ones where you have click everything, trying to find the secret switch which opens the hidden door

Once you find your way around you may come to appreciate most of the design decisions.

In MM4 you could delete the art and summary columns from Show Art With Details view mode, but wasn't a very useful thing because the view no longer "showed art", and without the summary column there wasn't any way to select the whole album with a single click.

As you say, you can also delete them from the Album&Tracks in MM5, if you try hard enough ... but it is not a good thing, because it is difficult to get back to the default behaviour, where the album art is displayed only once for the album, and auto-expands as you increase the column width.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.