Add/Rescan redesign

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

dtsig

Add/Rescan redesign

Post by dtsig »

i have found that for some reason occasionally MM5 misses that I put in a new movie. So I have to go in and rescan the section with the movie. But because of the design there is no easy way to just scan a section. I have several locations set for continuous and those seem to go along with the section I want to rescan. Why can't these 2 functions be separate? being trick with a interface design is not the way to go.
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
Barry4679

Re: Add/Rescan redesign

Post by Barry4679 »

Maybe something like this:
  • a new "scan now" row button for each location
  • to add to the existing row check button, which enrols the location into the Scan Batch which is triggered by the existing Scan button at bottom right
https://www.dropbox.com/s/o5y1c65nszy0m ... n.png?dl=0
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

I don't understand why there is "there is no easy way to just scan a section", can you elaborate?

Nevertheless I see a bug, when I change 'Schedule' from 'Manual' to 'Continuous' then the path is shortened from something like "C:\Music\Artist - Album\" just to "Artist - Album"

Added as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=15660
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

Ludek wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 7:28 am I don't understand why there is "there is no easy way to just scan a section", can you elaborate?
I am not the OP, but it seems clear to me.

What do you see as the "easy way"? ... reconfigure the check boxes in the dbox for the one off scan , then run the scan, ... and then reset the check boxes for the normal configuration?

The OP explained his situation. ... Mine is that I have my NAS, and my GPM library, and some ripping locations on my PC, configured as scan "locations".

If I want to just scan some or all of my local drives, I have to uncheck GPM in the Add|ReScan dbox. ... Firstly this offers to delete all my GPM track links and|or all my downloaded tracks, with the default action being to delete all the links ... Not nice if I click the wrong button ... and even if I do click the correct non-default button, it permanently deletes GPM as a location in the Add|ReScan box ... and it also messes with my configuration at Devices&Services>GPM .. ie. it deselects the Scan GPM Content checkbox, which is something that I need to remember to fix.

So agree that is not too hard, but neither is it "easy".
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

well said.

I see it as a problem of design. Taking 2 or 3 different functions and trying to squeeze it into 1 ui. Adding files is not the same function and setting a location for continuous scan.
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig