Tree Node Extension Showing "Artists" In "Album Artists" Node

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Stigg

Tree Node Extension Showing "Artists" In "Album Artists" Node

Post by Stigg »

It only happens with MM5 that I find some "Artists" mixed in with the "Album Artist" node. They are the correct "Artist", but they shouldn't be in the "Album Artist" node as they have a different "Album Artist" name. An example of this would be with a compilation under an Album Artist name of "Various Artists". I have crossed check this with MM4, and this doesn't occur on the same tracks.
Barry4679

Re: Tree Node Extension Showing "Artists" In "Album Artists" Node

Post by Barry4679 »

FWIIW I checked by MM5 db from a..j, and I could not see any incident of this problem.

I would be really pissed off if it did happen, as per my rant

Is there anything specific about the albums which have bleed artist tags into the albumartist index? ... ie. you ripped them with MM5, or downloaded them using MM5? ... have you done any auto-tagging?

I did see the reverse case, ie. albumartist tags in the artists index, but this is OK (IMO)
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Stigg

Post by Stigg »

I don't know what it is, Barry. But my tags are definitely right.
MM4 doesn't produce these results with the same tracks.
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

Stigg wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:44 pm I don't know what it is, Barry. But my tags are definitely right.
Sorry ... my error ... I didn't read your thread title correctly.

I have not installed the tree node extension, so I was only talking about the standard mode Album Artists index, ie. when viewed in the main pane

I agree, that is a major annoyance where MM5 seems to think that it is OK to replace the AlbumArtist index with the Artist index in some places.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Stigg

Post by Stigg »

Barry4679 wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:53 pm
Stigg wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:44 pm I don't know what it is, Barry. But my tags are definitely right.
Sorry ... my error ... I didn't read your thread title correctly.

I have not installed the tree node extension, so I was only talking about the standard mode Album Artists index, ie. when viewed in the main pane

I agree, that is a major annoyance where MM5 seems to think that it is OK to replace the AlbumArtist index with the Artist index in some places.
I wonder how it does that. It is annoying.

Edit: It also shows the wrong genre to what my tags are. It must be pulling information from online.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Hi, I cannot replicate, for me [Music > Album artists] shows only album artists:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/027vgm1bu0bto ... 6.png?dl=0

while [Music > Artists] shows both artists & album artists:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cbgiaf6a2whu3 ... 3.png?dl=0

How did you import MM4 database to MM5? Did you accept the prompt to import the data from MM4 or you just re-scanned all the music/video from the HDD to your MM5 library?