Being able to search remotley

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

bj1975

Being able to search remotley

Post by bj1975 »

is there a way that people could search the data base if you upload your song list to a server. Not being able to play the song just see if you had it. It would be great at parties.

thanks

Brenden
Ludek

Re: Being able to search remotley

Post by Ludek »

if you upload your song list to a server
Which server are you referring? MM5 currently supports uploading to "Google Play Music", "One Drive", "Drop Box", "MediaMonkey Server"

Either of the locations you can search remotely (you can also scan the content into your local library for faster search -- or cache the content locally for playback on parties with poor internet connection)

The remote locations can be added in "Storage & Services" section here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2yndok8ee862x ... 0.png?dl=0
just click the (+) button to add(sign in) a storage/service and then configure it.

Is this what you are looking for?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Can you please elaborate as from what I see if you select all tracks that you plan to play on party and copy/paste selection into notepad anyone that can download that file from server can search and look thru those tracks.

My Tracks filenames are usually organized using "<Artist - <Title>" so search is simple.

On other side script can be made to export list of tracks in format you want then save it in TXT file that can be searched by users that download it.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

Peke wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 3:32 pm Can you please elaborate as from what I see if you select all tracks that you plan to play on party and copy/paste selection into notepad anyone that can download that file from server can search and look thru those tracks.

My Tracks filenames are usually organized using "<Artist - <Title>" so search is simple.

On other side script can be made to export list of tracks in format you want then save it in TXT file that can be searched by users that download it.
It would more useful if it was a directory of hierarchical html files and thumb art, which could be exported to a share on the NAS or somewhere in the Internet. ... A user just needs an link to the top level html index page, and that links to everything underneath.

Here is an example from Catraxx (now dead, but still operational for existing customers). Catraxx was|is a music database, like MM. It has a html export facility. This is an album based example. It can also export a composer based version.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/br6g2lhrgzfb3 ... t.png?dl=0

I export these indices for my whole collection periodically to my web site, to help stop me from buying duplicates when digging through a crate of 2nd hand music, and also as occasional reading notes when listing to music.

MM could implement something like this for whole collections, or selected albums|tracks, or for selected playlists. ... A track based version could be done, but search is not so easy with html ... "search" requires that you know the 1st word of the track title.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hmmmm, I agree on all points it would be nice to have that.

It is something that I would put into Export Plugin with possible SQLite -> MySQL export/migrate and simple unified UI capable to be modified for integration into other frameworks.

ATM with volume of To-Do queue for MM5 I see it as lower priority for native implementation, but who knows.
Best regards,
Peke
bj1975

Post by bj1975 »

It’s all a little confusing for me. But I have my own website where I can upload files. I would love to be able to upload the database that MM uses, to be able to search but not play the audio file.
Then at party people can search on their phones to see what you have don’t have. It has to be easier. I’m sure it can be done. Made easy for people like me.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Have you tried to Load SQLite library support in PHP and Apache on your server side?

Also it would be useful that you check MMS on GitHub as it loads SQLite.
Best regards,
Peke