Feature Request - Save As, Or Save As New...

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Weatherman

Feature Request - Save As, Or Save As New...

Post by Weatherman »

When configuring collections and editing them, it would be really helpful if we could go into an existing collection which is set out as we like it, change the criteria and title and save this as a new collection. It is a little cumbersome when creating a new collection to have to go through many of the same routines, especially if you have a layout that you would like to apply uniformly.
Not a big issue, but would make creating new collections based on the design of previous ones easier.
PetrCBR

Re: Feature Request - Save As, Or Save As New...

Post by PetrCBR »

Added to my TODO
How to make a debuglog - step 4b: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643
Barry4679

Re: Feature Request - Save As, Or Save As New...

Post by Barry4679 »

Weatherman wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 10:56 am When configuring collections and editing them, it would be really helpful if we could go into an existing collection which is set out as we like it, change the criteria and title and save this as a new collection. It is a little cumbersome when creating a new collection to have to go through many of the same routines, especially if you have a layout that you would like to apply uniformly.
Not a big issue, but would make creating new collections based on the design of previous ones easier.
This would be very helpful. MM4 had a "sharing" button when editing collections ... this has gone in MM5

I prefer this suggestion ... I never used the "sharing" because I couldn't predict what it would share, and was concerned that it would be destructive. This is better, as I have more control.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.