[SOLVED] Cannot save any layout configurations

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

jtwographics

[SOLVED] Cannot save any layout configurations

Post by jtwographics »

I started using Media Monkey 5 with build 2181 and just recently updated to build 2194 and have experienced the same problems. I cannot save any layout/configuration changes at all.

Example #1
Every time I open the program, the player is open in the bottom panel. MM4 used to have a little "x" button on the top right of the player bar to close it, but this is now gone. I have gone to View -> Layout and unchecked "Bottom Panel" about 50x. I have tried opening MM5, making this one change and exiting. Always there when I open again. I have tried saving a custom layout, which works but MM5 always opens to the Default layout upon opening. I have tried running MM5 as an administrator. No matter what I do, the bottom panel with the player bar is visible when I start the program.

Example #2
When I click on any collection in the Media Tree (Movies, TV Shows, Music, or any custom collection) it always defaults to the row of icons across the top "All Videos, All Series, Genres, etc etc) followed by the row of "Recently Added". I would prefer for every collection to goto "All . . ." For Movies, "All Videos" For Music "All Albums", for TV Shows "All Series" etc. But there doesn't seem to be anywhere to set that preference.

Example #3
This ONLY applies to the Movies collection. I would prefer this collection to be displayed by default in a grid view, and it will do this. But the files are not displayed by alphabetical order. And I am actually totally unable to determine what order they are being displayed in. I have gone to Manage Views and edited the Grid View type to organize by title about 50x and it will not save. I have created a custom View type called "Alphabetical Grid" but I cannot get the program to stay on that setting. It will keep the setting in the same session. If I set it and then goto the Music collection and come back it is still in an alphabetical grid, but if I close and open the program, it's back to a grid that is not alphabetical.

Please let me know if there are settings that I am missing, or if this is something specific to my system.
Thanks very much.

Lee
MiPi

Re: Cannot save any layout configurations

Post by MiPi »

1) We cannot reproduce, it seems, writing to persistent.json fails for some reason, for me, it always keeps the last selected layout. Does it keep opened view after restarting MM5? Btw. fastest way of hiding player is using menu View -> Player or hotkey (default is Ctrl+Alt+L).

2) you can achieve this result by changing selected view for the node (top right icon above the view, select "List"). I see, there is missing "Grid" view for video nodes, will be added in the next release.

3) sorting in grid views is still missing, will be added in some of the next releases as some "Sort by" selection.
patch

Post by patch »

jtwographics wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:23 pm ... experienced the same problems. I cannot save any layout/configuration changes at all. ...
What operating system are you using?
Is the media stored on that computer, another network computer hosted?

Your experience is similar to mine http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 46#p461205
jtwographics

Post by jtwographics »

MiPi wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:24 am 1) We cannot reproduce, it seems, writing to persistent.json fails for some reason, for me, it always keeps the last selected layout. Does it keep opened view after restarting MM5? Btw. fastest way of hiding player is using menu View -> Player or hotkey (default is Ctrl+Alt+L).

2) you can achieve this result by changing selected view for the node (top right icon above the view, select "List"). I see, there is missing "Grid" view for video nodes, will be added in the next release.

3) sorting in grid views is still missing, will be added in some of the next releases as some "Sort by" selection.
1) When I open Media Monkey 5, the player is open at the bottom regardless of what I do. Every single time. Also the shortcut to hide the player (Ctrl+Alt+L) has no effect. The player remains open no matter how many times I use that short cut. Also going to "View -> Player" and checking/unchecking the box has no effect, the player is still visible. I have tried using the keyboard shortcut and closing and re-opening the software, I have tried using the menu commands and closing and re-opening the software. The ONLY thing that gets rid of it at all is going to "View -> Layout" and turning off the bottom panel. But this reverts to displaying the bottom panel and the player with every restart. Also upon restart the Left Panel with the Media Tree is not visible UNTIL I disable the bottom panel with the player.

2) Thank you for helping me locate that. The software does remember this setting. However grid view is not just missing for Video nodes, it's missing for everything. Video, Music, Audiobooks, etc etc. Please add it for all nodes.

3) Thank you.
patch wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:23 am
What operating system are you using?
Is the media stored on that computer, another network computer hosted?
I am running Windows 10 and the media is stored on a NAS (Brobo B810N)
MiPi

Post by MiPi »

1) I guess you are using Touch mode? It really does not work ok in this, will be solved by Petr, Desktop mode works for me.
2) Albums grid added to other collection root nodes too, will be in the next build.
PetrCBR

Post by PetrCBR »

re 1) touch mode have different layout that desktop mode and for this reason custom layouts shouldn't work in touch mode
How to make a debuglog - step 4b: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643
jtwographics

Post by jtwographics »

You are correct, MM5 was in Touch mode. Changed to Desktop mode and everything works perfectly. Thank you all very much. I look forward to the next build with Grid views.