No rating stars in File Properties dialog [#15929]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Purplepants

No rating stars in File Properties dialog [#15929]

Post by Purplepants »

I am enjoying using the new MM 5 beta after many years of using MM 4. I applaud all the improvements, but do stumble on a lot of bugs. I'll try to report them as I come upon them.

The first one I would like to report is one that is making my life hard. I like to set a rating for my music files, but the File Properties dialog (Ctrl + Alt + P) is now showing any stars when opened for a second time. It works fine the first time around, but after closing the dialog and opening the properties for the same or any other file, the rating is suddenly empty.
There are simply no stars to select or to show the rating, the whole space where they should be is just blank. Looking at the stars in Dev Tools with chrome it seems that the SVGs are no longer being loaded. The DIVs with class "ratingStar" all contain a SVG for the star when first loading the File Properties dialog, but on a second and subsequent load those DIVs don't contain anything.

This happens regardless of the file(s) I select and regardless of the skin I use. I do notice that this behaviour resets when loading another skin.

MM version: 5.0.0.2194 (non-portable)
OS version: Windows 10 1903 (build 18362)
Media files location: on shared network drive (Synology)

I am happy to provide more information if required (because this isn't reproducible for example)
Barry4679

Re: [Bug Report] No rating stars in File Properties dialog

Post by Barry4679 »

Purplepants wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:46 am I am happy to provide more information if required (because this isn't reproducible for example)
Reproducible here, as described
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
PetrCBR

Re: [Bug Report] No rating stars in File Properties dialog

Post by PetrCBR »

Thanks. Tracked as 15929.
How to make a debuglog - step 4b: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643