2206 - search mode navigation options are inconsistent

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Barry4679

2206 - search mode navigation options are inconsistent

Post by Barry4679 »

If I open the global search control (Ctrl+F), but don't type anything, I can see that the search drop down menu control has the option to toggle across to a contextual search.

But If I type a search string, this option disappears from the drop down menu.

I can toggle from a Contextual Search, to a Global Search, but then I cannot toggle back to my previous Contextual Search position.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Ludek

Re: 2206 - search mode navigation options are inconsistent

Post by Ludek »

You can return to the contextual search (by pressing Esc or Backspace, or clicking the navigation back button or clicking the X close button in the search bar) to return to the previous view and then type something to perform contextual search within that view.

Contextual search of the global search view is not supported and in true does not make much sense, it would result in filtering already filtered view (by global search)
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

Ludek wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:48 am Contextual search of the global search view is not supported and in true does not make much sense, it would result in filtering already filtered view (by global search)
That makes sense.

In that case, since there is nowhere to navigate to, why have the Search Mode section in the drop down menu (see bottom of of this picture) .. potential to create confusion.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Barry4679 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:29 am In that case, since there is nowhere to navigate to, why have the Search Mode section in the drop down menu (see bottom of of this picture) .. potential to create confusion.
For the MM4 users to realize how to switch to the MM4 like "Advanced search" view.
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

Ludek wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:59 am For the MM4 users to realize how to switch to the MM4 like "Advanced search" view.
OK, but those Search Mode menu sections are not consistent with other similar menus in MM5. And they are confusing IMO.

See here where you have both menu styles clashing within a single menu.

Actually both are incorrect IMO, and are not consistent with another part of MM5 ... the best style is the one you use in View>Skin and View>Mode ... ie. radio buttons, not checkboxes, since these are either|or situations
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Good point, I will adjust it, thx.