2206 - application sluggish, then froze

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Barry4679

2206 - application sluggish, then froze

Post by Barry4679 »

this crash

I am switching views ... the wheel is doing lots of spinning ... something looks clogged up

Is related to the background process which obtains art from the Internet I think.

I left it 4 hours last night ... MM5 was open ... doing nothing ... I can back, and it was still using heaps of resources

Closed MM
Came back to day, expecting that it would have completed much of the background task.

I pinned a music share location, as navigation via the main Media Tree Locations node is not nice to use in MM5.
Opened my pinned location ... everything is very laggy ... the folders didn't seem to be using the art work that you had already cached
Tried changing the view a few times ... this crash happened ... the dump dispatched to you OK
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Ludek

Re: 2206 - application sluggish, then froze

Post by Ludek »

Thanks for reporting, we are analyzing your freeze logs (FFF832C1), I suppose that this occurs only in the "List (by Album)" view mode, right?

EDIT: Could you please generated also standard debug log (using DbgView) and PM it?
Save the debug output from the DbgView once the crash occurs and submit also the crash log. Thx.
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

Ludek wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:30 am EDIT: Could you please generated also standard debug log (using DbgView) and PM it?
Save the debug output from the DbgView once the crash occurs and submit also the crash log. Thx.
I already did this yesterday ... in is in your InBox.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Thx, just realized that. I can confirm your PM is here in my inbox.

EDIT: Will be fixed in 2207+

EDIT2: The endless dummy progress issue is also fixed, this was a regression in 2206 : https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=16048