GPM - confusing dbox [#15029]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Barry4679

GPM - confusing dbox [#15029]

Post by Barry4679 »

This dbox is very confusing.

The user has no information about what you are going to remove:
  • rows, recorded as being in the GPM location, will be removed from the MM database?
  • tracks will be deleted from the GPM library at Google?
  • both?
the message should say "Are you sure that you want to remove 11 entries from the MM database"
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Ludek

Re: 2213 - GPM - confusing dbox

Post by Ludek »

The track has no corresponding local copy (is streamed from GPM source) so it asking you whether you want to delete the track directly from the source (GPM).

If you would have a local copy (downloaded or paired) then the dialog would look like this:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dht511dm1gzii ... 8.png?dl=0
... asking you which copy you wish to delete (local , remote or both).
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

Ludek wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:19 pm The track has no corresponding local copy (is streamed from GPM source) so it asking you whether you want to delete the track directly from the source (GPM).
I agree that there is no local copy of the track ... it is one of those that got sync'd into my MM5.db by the other issue that we are discussing.

I agree that the message looks as if may be saying that the track will be deleted from my GPM library ... it is not fully clear because the English is mangled, but that is another issue.

But if I press OK, the track is deleted from MM, but is not deleted from my GPM library [updated to correct typo].

btw the message in the dbox that you posted is clearer .... ie. "Delete the remote copy" ... it is obviously important that any deletion warning be very clear about what is to be deleted.

Also, in this case shouldn't I be given an option:
  • delete the linked track from MM only?
  • delete the linked track from MM, and also delete the remote copy from my GPM library?
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

But if I press OK, the track is deleted from MM, but is not deleted from my GPM library [updated to correct typo].
This is not what I am seeing. Just tested it and it deleted the remote copy from my GPM library just fine.

Nevertheless you are right that there should be also an option to delete just the MM library track link (without deleting the remote GPM copy) which is not currently possible for the linked tracks.

I will be fixed for the next build (2214) -- https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view ... 029#c53425
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

I am still not seeing deletion at GPM.

Sometimes I get this crash
And then if I restart MM5, and retry the operation, it deletes from MM5.db, but never from GPM.

I am sending you a debug log. It contains multiple attempts to delete albums, including one of the crashes.