I think that there is more that needs to be done ... unless I misunderstand the UI?
Collection Options dbox - Views tab
- 1. I created the two views ... the 2nd one in the list is in italics ... what is the italics telling me? ... I don't understand.
- 2.Why does the tab exist here at all? ... it is read-only, ie. I can't create views .... a "view" is not specific to a collection ... the tab just doesn't seem to do anything here (other than its double click behaviour, which is not advertised by the cursor ... and it is a bit dangerous, because I would think that the assumption is that I am changing the view just for this collection)
Collection Options dbox - Sub-nodes&Views tab
- 3.There is already a separate tab named "Views" ... The Sub-nodes&Views tab doesn't seem to have anything to do with views ... it just creates confusion about what is the MM5 definition for a "View" ... suggest renaming it to just "sub-nodes" ... this comment also applies to the "Collections & Views) option at Tool|Options|Library, see below
- 4. Most lists in MM5 allow drag&drop to change list hierarchy ... not available here in Sub-nodes&Views tab ... would be helpful and consistent, ie. this tab closely resembles the Collections&Views option in Tools|Option|Library ... drag&drop is available there
Collection Options dbox - Columns
- 5. "Columns" tab ... it has the sort tooltip and subscript info ... but is that info relevant here? ... ie. sort is determined by View, not Collection, isn't it? ... if I am in a collection, and navigate to a specific view, the current view's sort sequence does not affect this display ... so I am in a collection, and I then view the collection's config, and it is showing me a sort seq, which may be different to what I am viewing (?) ... it would be better if this tab did not have the sort seq cues, because they may be wrong, and the "collection" doesn't have a default sort seq anyway, does it?, making the info meaningless ... alternatively there should be some interaction between the "views" and "Columns" tabs ... ie. the sort seq, in the Columns tab, should reflect the View row that I had selected in the View tab
The new "Layout" section, in Tools|Options, is a good improvement towards understanding
- 6. I don't understand why you decided to not include "Collections&Views" in the Layout section? ... the option in Collection&Views seem to fit better with "Layout" than "Library"
- 7. the Collections&View panel has nothing to do with "Views" ... ie. you cannot create or set any view-related option there ... it should just be called Collections ... or called "Media Tree", because non_gold customer have no concept of custom "collections"