Location node - crashes and usability issues [#16162][#16163]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Barry4679

Location node - crashes and usability issues [#16162][#16163]

Post by Barry4679 »

#1. two white screen crashes ... debug logs sent to Ludek

#2. Inappropriate Add to Library context menu option ... leads to duplication in the MM database

steps:
  • open my primary music location in MM5 >Folders node -- all these files will already be in my MM db
  • each track shows the Add to Library option in the context menu option ... ? why .. you could see, via a path lookup into the MM db, that this track is already in the library
  • once I have done this once for a track, MM now recognises that it now knows this track, and the track's context menu does not have the Add to Library option
  • thought: the original track has been sync'd to my GPM library with MM5 ... ie. MM records both locations in Source ... does this extra Source location make MM fail to recognise that the track that it sees in the Location node is not new?
#3. Should be easier to process a whole album with Add To Library option

The MM5 way, in List By Album view, to select a whole album is to click the album art ... once I have selected the album, it would be good if the context menu for the album art had the Add to Library menu option ... it is missing ... it is only available on the individual track rows

#4. It should be easier to see your current folder navigation position

If you have navigated to a disk location that has a long path, it is difficult to see where you are ... ie. what is in the ellipsis?

in the illustration linked to above, at location "a", you can see how MM5 tool tips are used to show tags which are partially off screen ... could you provide a tooltip, at location b, to display the full breadcrumb location?
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Ludek

Re: 2218 - Location node - crashes and usability issues

Post by Ludek »

Hi Barry,
good catch with the issue #2 ! ;-)
Will be fixed as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=16162

EDIT:
#1: Thx, will be fixed in the next build
#4: Good point, tracked as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=16163
Barry4679

Re: Location node - crashes and usability issues [#16162][#16163]

Post by Barry4679 »

This Mantis change created a tool tip for shrunk breadcrumb paths ... thanks, that is good, but it is not yet "best" IMO
  • the tool tip seems to be a graphic, so it doesn't wrap
  • the graphic contains a lot of embedded spaces, and a superfluous prefix, which wastes space
I still cannot see the full path is all cases.

The tool tip for the a shrunk path is a better implementation IMO ... see here
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Peke

Re: Location node - crashes and usability issues [#16162][#16163]

Post by Peke »

Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts