Need help diagnosing a problem with dlna

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

dtsig

Need help diagnosing a problem with dlna

Post by dtsig »

In the following "Server" will be a new Dell with minimal programs loaded, current version of win10. Client will be a HP with current updates on win10

Setup 1.
Server is running New install of MM4(1895). dlna port set to Library: 55396 Server: 55398. Both set to Automatic ip address. I have installed my old DB from other machine
Client is running Install of MM5(2219). dlna port set to Library: 55396 No Server. Both set to Automatic ip address.
In this setup Client sees servers Library and Server. Server sees Client. They can play each others music fine.

Setup 2.
Server is running New install of MM5(2219). dlna port set to Library: 55396 Server: 55398. Both set to Automatic ip address. I have imported db and settings from mm4 setup.
Client is running Install of MM5(2219). dlna port set to Library: 55396 No Server. Both set to Automatic ip address.
In this setup Client does not see server. Server sees Client. Server plays clients music.

Just as a test i ran MM4(1895) on the client and it could not see the Servers MM5 either.

I would like to use MM5 on the server all the time but am unable to do this until I can get mm5 to work. Thoughts would be appreciated. By the way MMA can see everything except the Server MM5.
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
Ludek

Re: Need help diagnosing a problem with dlna

Post by Ludek »

Isn't it that in the Setup 2 you imported the same MM4 database for both Client and Server and thus they both run the same instance of the server with same UDN ?
If you create new media server on the Server (to be sure that a newly generated UDN is used), does it work then ?
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

what is udn. I googled it but it is Undefined Disease Network :lol:
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

DTSig
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

UDN stands for Universal Device Name

If you put <IP address>:<IP port>/DeviceDescription.xml to the address bar of your browser (e.g. http://192.168.0.10:21373/DeviceDescription.xml )then you can see the server descripion XML including:
<UDN>uuid:00952a2f-7c81-4d9b-9fa4-93dc026b5937</UDN>

This must be unique on the network. So if you run two MM instances from the same MM.DB then the two server instances will get the same UDN and will be in conflict. I suppose that your two MM5 instances are not sharing the same MM5.DB, but they could originate from the same MM.DB (from MM4)? Workarond is to create another (new) server instance in MM5 to get new UDN.
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

thanks for the info Ludek .. .i will look into this tonight
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

DTSig