Artists and Years view [#16419, #16420]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

ikuehn

Artists and Years view [#16419, #16420]

Post by ikuehn »

Artists view should use the artwork embedded in the tags (e.g. images of the image type "Artist"), if present.

At the time being, the images in the tags are ignored and all artists are listed with the first two characters of their names instead.

Don't get me wrong, I like the lookup to discogs images when entering an individual artist, but it requires me to process roughly 400 artists. Moreover, the "lookup images" will not be embedded in the tags of the songs, obviously they are just content of the MMW library.

Another issue comes with the "Year view", Sadly, the view uses the "date" field and cannot be configured to use the "original date". Numbers of my albums have a release date, which differs remarkably from the original date (especially in the case of classical music). It would be nice to have the option to set the "Year view" to "Date" or to "Original Date".
Snofru

Re: Artists and Years view

Post by Snofru »

I'd also prefer "original date" to "date" or at least have the option.
MMW Version 5.1.0.2827 Portable
Samsung Galaxy S23+, S9 and Sony NW-A105 with MMA Beta 2.0.0.1156
rusty

Re: Artists and Years view

Post by rusty »

Re. Artist images from tags, tracked at https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=16419

Re. Years node (by original date), tracked at: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=16420

Thanks!

-Rusty
Davo

Re: Artists and Years view [#16419, #16420]

Post by Davo »

I find the terminology confusing.
MM has a sort by 'release date' option but the Properties editor only provides for Date & Original date. Surpringly if i select The 'Release Date' option it re-sorts the album grid even though i don't tag anything with a 'Release Date".??
Logically i would expect a message saying there is no tag to sort on.

Then we have the Years node which appears to use the Date field. For my purposes i don't use actual dates (dd-mm-yyyy). I populate the Date field with the Year, and for me that means the year the album was originally recorded. As it turns out that works ok with MM5 Years node.
David